Chapter 9- "Yes, I Will"

I woke up to the smell of bacon. Usually I’d love the smell, but that morning, it made me nauseous, so I ran to the bathroom and vomited. I had been vomiting a lot lately, and there was no real reason. But, I was pretty sure it was because I didn’t really eat that much.

After I brushed my teeth, I went into Chris’ dresser to put on a pair of his basketball shorts and a t-shirt when I found a pair of thongs and some pictures of him and a girl. I wasn’t sure whether to freak out or what. I knew if I kept looking in his dresser I could find more things, so that’s what I did. Not only was there another pair of thongs, there was a vibrator, a pink sweater and a bra. I was fuming!

I ran downstairs and saw Chris attempting to fry some bacon.

“Hey beautiful,” he saw me walk in.

I just looked at him.

“I don’t see how y’all can fry bacon; it keeps popping me!” he said trying to cover his arms.

I didn’t know how to ask him, so I just blurted it out, “Are you cheating on me?”

He turned to me, “What?”

“Not only did I find a bra and some thongs in your dresser, but there were pictures of you and a girl there too!” I couldn’t control my anger.

“Babe, listen…”

“Why? You’re playin me. I bet you have a different girl in all these cities you go to!”

“No, I don’t. Can you let me explain?” he asked calmly.

“I can’t believe this! You think you can have whatever you want because you the famous Chris Brown don’t you? Well this time, it’s not gonna go your-”

“That’s my sister!” he said.

I paused, “What is this? Jerry Springer? You’re fucking you’re own sister? What the hell!”

He laughed, “Audri, she comes here when she has to go to her meetings, so I told her whenever she comes she can stay here. And the pictures were just of us sitting together. Did you look at all of them?” he asked me.

“No,” I felt a little embarrassed.

“Well one of them was of us…in diapers; with ‘brother and sister’ on the back,” he said enjoying this moment.

“Well…why was there thongs and stuff in your dresser?”

“I don’t know. She must’ve left them there. Do you believe me?” he asked.

I hugged him, “I’m sorry babe. I don’t know what it is. I guess I’m just trying to find something wrong with you. You’re too perfect,” I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

He laughed, “So you thought I was with my sister?”

I slapped his shoulder playfully, “Shut up!”

We laughed, and began kissing. Our heads were in sync with each other’s and his hands were glued to my butt until he suddenly jumped back.

“SHIT!” he yelled and held his arm.

The bacon popped him, and when we looked down, it was burnt, so we laughed again.

“I guess all we have this morning is pancakes,” he said, “I tried, but I guess bacon isn’t my forte.”

He grabbed my hand and led me to the dining room where he had already set the table with the pancakes. We sat down and before I knew it, they were all gone.

I pushed my plate back, “So I’ve been thinking...”

He looked at me, “And…”

“And I decided I want to be with you…no matter what it takes,” I said facing him.

“Am I hearing what I think I am?” he asked.

“You know I can’t say no to you,” I said.

“So you’re going to live with me in Cali?” he asked.

I thought about what I was going to say before I said it and I finally spoke, “Yes. I will.”