Chapter 5

APARTMENT, UNKNOWN LOCATION 8:30 AM

I woke up, and I'm alone on the mattress. At first I panic, as I hear someone land on the balcony and walk towards the room I'm in, I grab my knife that I stole from a Satan's Mercenaries member and arm myself with it. Then, Autumn walks by and I relax.

"Good morning sweetie. How did you sleep?" Autumn said walking over to me smiling, wings out at almost full extension, the walls are too close together for her wings to be at full extension. Her wingspan at full extension was 12 feet long. The sun was reflecting off of her wings, and her dirty blonde hair, god she was beautiful.

"Good morning, I slept pretty good. What about you?"

"I slept very well, took a little morning flight then was coming back to make breakfast," Autumn, tucked her wings into her jacket as she turned to the kitchen. A few minutes later, I'm showered, I've brushed my teeth, and I'm wearing a t-shirt, and jeans, and I put a belt on and strapped the weapons I've stolen onto the belt, and Autumn has cooked breakfast. I grab some plates, and silverware and set the table. Autumn then serves breakfast, and my questions begin.

"So, what exactly are you, I know you're a good angel, but what kind of angel?" I ask.

"Well, Nate was right, there are good and bad angels, and there are two different types of angels, the kind in the bible, and our kind. We are more of a half-angel, because of a mix of mortal and human blood occured, we don't know which angel, or human, you know... did it, but a half-angel was born. And from there, some wanted full angel power, but others were happy with what they had, and therefore recieved God's Blessing, which gives those full angel powers, I'm an example. The power hungry angels formed Satan's Mercenaries, which banded together to destroy mortal-angel bonds, and thus they hate mortals for getting rid of their full power opportunity. Hm... anything else you wanna know?"

"Do you, the good angels, have your own organization, or is it just free for all?"

"It's mostly free for all, and because of it, Satan's Mercenaries usually have their way with us, capture us usually, torture us, horrible things." Autumn shuddered, as if remembering something from her past, that was haunting, I didn't want to tell her, but at night I woke up to her crying. I did what I could, just hold her, and she stopped, but I didn't want to press the matter of whatever was bothering her.

"Ok, hm... well, do they have like detainment centers for the ones they catch?"

"No, they just take them with them, and either kill them, or just torture them. Then throw them on the streets. Especially ones with full mortal parents," Autumn said, shuddering again.

"Full mortal parents?" I ask.

"Yes, everyone has a little bit of angel in them, even you. I can sense it now. But, sometimes, if you have enough angel blood, you can have an angel. I..." she said, stopping for a moment, then she started again, "I had full mortal parents, and Satan's Mercenaries got to them, and me, they killed them in front of me, I escaped, but... not without them." Autumn said, holding back a cry, I move over beside her and hold her.

"I'm sorry Autumn, I didn't know. I'm so sorry."

"It's... it's ok, it was a long, long time ago. Since, I'm immortal and all, I've had time to cope." Autumn said, tears started to come from her eyes.

"I'm so sorry," I didn't know what to do, other than hold her, and reassure her that everything  was ok. Until she stopped crying, and wiped her eyes.

"So, how 'bout we go find out where we are?" Autumn said, trying to change the subject.

"Sure, I'd like to know that too." So we walk out, it's now about noon, the sun high in the sky. We go to a visitor center to find out where we were.

"Hm... well, Autumn, it looks like we're in California," I said looking at a brochure in the visitor center. And Autumn got really scared.

"We are? Oh no, this is bad, really bad. Luke, we've gotta go now!" Autumn said, who was really, really scared now.

"What, why?"

"We just have to g... Luke look out behind you!" Autumn said, but before I could a bag was pulled over my head, and I saw darkness, I felt a warp feeling beneath my feet, and the next thing I knew I was being tied to a chair, the bag was lifted off my head, and I see Nate and his goons surrounding me.

"Hello, mortal." Nate said smilling, very evilly. "Get ready for hell."