Chapter 3

Everything's a blur, the trees, bushes, everything. I run as fast as I can, as fast as humanly possible. While holding Autumn's hand, which was very hard, not to mention the fact that we're running from demonic angels, who from what I heard hate mortals. The aren't even running after us, they're more like flying, disappearing in a cloud of black smoke, then flying towards us again. Then, I couldn't run any further, and I had to stop for a breath. "Autumn, what's going on? What are those things? Am I hallucinating?" I say panting.

"Yes Luke honey, you're hallucinating. None of this is real, I'm gonna take you to the doctors, and they'll look at you, ok?" Autumn said, reassuringly.

"Well, ok, but..." How could I not believe her? With her ever changing color eyes, long, flowing brown-blonde hair, and fair skin, she was the picture of innocence, and she was my girlfriend, so I was still unnerved about seeing the people but, convinced it was hallucinations, I reluctantly calmed down.

"I'm sorry Luke, I have to do this for your safety, and for mine." And she gave me a hard elbow to the side of the head, and the next thing I see is darkness.

HOSPITAL: APPALACHAIN MOUNTAINS, NC 10:30 AM

I wake up in a hospital bed, with burns, a headache, and a few bruises. As my sight comes back, I feel Autumn's hand in mine, and I turn to look at her. And I smile.

"Morning sweetie," she says sweetly, but I can see that she's concerned about something.

"How did this all happen, why am I here?" I ask.

"You don't remember anything from last night?"

"No, why, what happened?"

"You were in a car wreck," she says, her voice wavers as the words flow sweetly, from her lips, "when they got you out of the car, you were mumbling about angels, and demonic winged people. They thought you were drunk, but I told them otherwise. But, you're fine now, and I'm here with you."

I sigh, "well, ok... If you say so, I guess it was just a dream," but as I say the words, a doctor comes into the room. He had short, military-cut brown hair, his skin was a mix of pale and tan, but more on the tan side, and the iris of his eyes seemed to be blacker than his pupil, and as he walked in, I feel Autumn shift uncomfortably, but other than that she gives nothing away.

"Well, Mr. Luke, you seem to be in good health. If you'll just come with me, I'll take you to get some quick X-Rays to make sure you're A-OK, and you can leave." The doctor said. "Um, you too Ms. Autumn, you may come too."

"Where's Dr. Williams? He was supposed to be the one to give us the checkmark to leave." Autumn says, a bit more aggresive than I'm sure she realized.

"Dr. Williams had to tend to a... um... different patient. Now, if you please, come with me." The doctor seemed to be more and more aggrivated that we wouldn't come.

"Well, then I guess we'll just wait for him," Autumn said stubbornly. Then the doctor, closed the door, and locked it.

"If you won't come, then I'll just take you," the doctor said and then was consumed by black smoke, and then as quickly as the black smoke came it dispersed out from the man, who, now, was dressed in an all black suit, and he stood up straight, and unfurled dark wings. "Luke and Autumn, come with me, and I will not hurt you."

"No, we're not going with you." Autumn said, as she unfurled her sandy, tan colored wings, and launched at him, tackling him on the floor. Nate, fought back, throwing her against the wall. He came at her again, she simply moved to the side, kicked his knee cap out, and he fell to the ground. She stood up and looked at me. She was beautiful, and yet, at the same time very intimidating. Her wings matched her hair color, a mix of blonde and brown, a very attractive mix. She seemed to give off a glow that seemed to make you want to come closer to her, she looked, the only way I know to describe it is, angelic. She was beautiful, and powerful at the same time. "Luke we've got to go, now. "

"Autumn, what, what is, who,"

"Luke, I'll explain everything when we find a place to settle, please come on," considering she just saved me from, whatever the hell that guy Nate was, I agreed.

"Ok, well, how do we get out. They probably have other guys out waiting on us to come out."

"I've got a plan." Autumn said, her plan was insane.