Meeting Evanlynn

I am cutting a few things out.

Meeting Evanlynn

The next morning, I was awake before the others. I went and sat on the porch, staring at the horizon and watching the sunrise. I didn't notice when Horace came up behind me, and he asked me if I was ok.

"Yeah, I'm fine Horace. I just hope all goes well."

"Me too."

Later that day, we were on the road again, and suddenly, a girl showed up in front of us.

"Who are you?" Gilan demanded.

"M-my name is Evanlynn. I was traveling with my lady and our party was attacked by Wargals. Everyone was killed, but I managed to get away." the girl said.

I had a suspicion that she wasn't a maid.

"Here, you can ride with me." I suggested. "I'm Cora Altman, that's my twin brother Horace, and my friends Will and Gilan."

She waved before climbing on the horse behind me.

Horace was giving me a strange look, almost like he was confused how I could go from all sad to bright and cheery.

We set up camp that night, and again, I sat away from the others.

What was different,  though, was that I had a notebook and was drawing.

I was halfway through my first drawing when I realized how realistic of a picture I was drawing of Horace.

I finished that one, and began some of Will and Gilan.

When I finished those, I stopped watching myself draw, and zoned out for and hour.

What brought me back to reality was the others' conversation.

"What do you think is wrong with her?" asked Gilan.

"She misses him. Bad. More than she'd miss us, and I'm her brother." Horace said.

"She's trying to sort out all her thoughts. She's so confused lately,  with what Halt said about Rodney seeing her as a daughter, and Nigel acting strange around her, and Alda, Byrn, and Jerome to deal with, plus the war, and her feelings." Will explained.

"Can I go try to talk to her?" Evanlynn asked.

"Sure, give it a shot. Maybe another girl can get through to her. God knows I can't." Horace told her.

I heard Evanlynn walk over, and I felt her sit beside me.

"You ok Cora?" she asked.

"Yeah, I think so."

We were silent, and she looked through my tablet.

"You're an amazing artist."

"Thanks."

She found the pictures I had drawn without watching.

"Who's this?"

I looked at the five pictures,  and saw that I had drawn George. Multiple times. Then I realized I had been daydreaming about us while I was zoned out.

"That's George. He grew up with Horace, Will, and I in Redmont's ward."

"Is he the one they keep saying you miss?" I smiled at the thought of George.

"Yes."

"How close are you?"

"Well, Will found out that he likes me, and he kissed me before, but he won't act like he likes me in front of anyone. I'm not sure how I feel. I know I definitely liked it when we danced at one of Redmont's parties."

"That's confusing."

"I miss him. A lot. It hurts, actually. I can't wait to get back and see him again. He doesn't like it when I leave like this. He's afraid I won't come back alive one of these times."

"You speak very highly of him."

"He is and awsome friend."

"I wish I had someone I loved as much as you obviously loved George."

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

"He's a lucky guy."

"Well, I just hope all of us get through this."

"Me too."

I finally updated!!!!! ill be skipping around.