2.Home Sweet Home

Chapter 2: Home Sweet Home

I was dragging the limp and lifeless body across the cold concrete towards the dumpster.

I figured that I would kill him in the dumpster, saving methe effort of having to clean up the revolting mess left behind, plus it gives me more time before his body is found. If it is ever found.

I had finally dragged his heavily built body to the dumpster when he carefully raised his right hand.

Suddenly he thrust his palm forwards and pushed me back. But the weird thing was he didn't actually make contact!

I quickly flung my blade at him, it embedded itself deep into his neck.

So much for no mess.

I chucked him in the dumpster and then walked away towards home, Home Sweet Home.

It took a little under 10 minutes for me to get back home and I didn't encounter any more trouble on the way back.

When I arrived at the building in which my apartment is located I had to walk up the 3 flights of stairs (elevators is still 'Out of Order'). Once i got to my door I unlocked the door with the key attached to a chain on my neck.

The first thing I did when i got inside was do an inventory check of my equipment and relieve myself of the weight of my weapons.

Then after i cooled down (Literally ) I had a cold shower...and not by choice, the hot water system is out. I have to talk to my plumber about that soon...

While I was in the shower I heard a knock on the door....Great timing. I thought.

I quickly dried myself and chucked on some clothes then grabbed a knife and went to the door.

To my surprise there was an old man standing there in robes.

"You witnessed magic tonight. So now you must learn."

That's all he said then he looked at me with a dumb expression on his face. Like I know what the hell was going on.

So me being my normal smooth talking self replied with: "Whaaaaaat?!"

"Think back through your night, did anything out of the ordinary happen?" He questioned.

And like it was on a timer that dumb expression came back. I sifted through my thoughts looking for anything that could explain what the hell this guy was talking about when it hit me.

"Well a man pushed but didn't touch me." I explained.

"Yes he would have been using the air element." Explained the old man.

Now I'm not gonna soften this up or make me sound cool I'm just gonna come right out and say it...... I fainted.

When I finally came to I woke up to an old man staring at me and all of the memories came back.

Then, yes you guessed it, I fainted again.