1.Confusion

*Authors Note*

Ok this is my first book that i started a long time ago and I have sort of ignored it since then but I'm thinking of continuing. But only if people like it. And yes hopefully i will make the book bigger because the chapters are pathetically short so i may merge the first few into one.

Ok now to those people who could be bothered reading that AN (Authors Note) here is the story:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Confusion

I kill bad people so am I an assassin?

I save the innocent so am I a hero?

That right there is my life in a box....confusion.

As I step out of the dark alleyway that I had been cutting through I have a feeling, a feeling that I've learnt not to ignore.

The feeling that tells me that I am being watched.

I speed up my walk so that I can get home A.S.A.P. Because i may not look like it but I try and avoid trouble if it is possible. Even though sometimes, unfortunately, it is inevitable.

Let's face it I'm 17 years old roaming the streets on my own. No parents, no guardian, no siblings and hell not even a dog . The dark overcoat I am wearing isn't exactly screaming "I'm normal!" The overcoat hangs down to just below my knees almost touching my Military issue Khaki combat boots (Don't ask, it wasn't pretty.) In my boots i have a sheath on the out most side for quick access to my knives. Much like the boots, i have a knife in each sleeve that slides into my hand during battle. I also have various other sheathes on my coat, pants and belt but i won't go into too much detail. If you want the most identifiable feature that would be my twin Katana in a sheathe on my back that i wear when doing a "Contract" to dispose of the "waste".

So that's why im not too keen to be seen by anyone especially not the Police. That is why i travel through the many alleyways and dark streets because no one goes there and if they do there is a mutual yet unspoken rule: "If you don't see us, then we didn't see you" .

But i know even with my feeling of being watched that this "Stalker" isn't my only worry because soon the Police will find the body that I dumped in the alley and i don't really want to be there when they do because i have seen the way the cops treat you when they don't think they are being watched. You get really bad treatment especially when getting them called in to investigate a dead body. So my head being banged against their car wouldn't be surprising or them tightening the handcuffs a few notches tighter than needed. So I think you would agree, I'll try not to get caught.

As im turning into the block in which my apartment is located i hear the faint sound of running from behind me. As I keep walking the sound slowly gets louder. I'm aware that my stalker is probably the person who was watching me earlier so there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he was after me. I quickly turn to see a man coming at me with a short kitchen knife. I don't leave time to question myself about his motives, I just jump into action.

My custom knife slides down my arm into my hand. I throw the blade with deadly accuracy and knock his weapon out of his grip. He quickly recovers from the unexpected move and comes around with an old revolver. He shoots at me randomly and five of the six shots went astray. But the sixth came straight at me so I brought out my katana as a last effort and sliced the bullet in half - how that happened, I don't know. Without giving it a second thought I span around on the ball of my foot and delivered a powerful round house kick that connects with my opponents temple. Knocking him out..... Cold.