Chapter (Seventeen)

"Yes dad! I promise I'll be extra careful!"

Ever since the whole me disappearing thing dad is really over protective which any person would be I guess.

I got a new job closer and I've started college now I do night shifts at a pizzeria and on weekends I do day shifts which I'm heading to now.

"Hey gorgeous"

"Hey Mendes"

"I was thinking since we're finished pretty early today do ya wanna maybe go to the new diner down town?"

"Are you asking me on a date Mendes?" I smirked.

"N-no of course not j-just as friends obviously" he stuttered while scratching the back of his neck, which he does when he's nervous I've noticed.

"Yeah sure but can I run home and get ready?"

"Oh yeah sure but I'll walk you home like always then pick you up at eight?" He smiled.

"Yeah sure!" I smiled as I tucked a piece that fell from my messy bun behind my ear.

"MENDES DELIVERY!"  Tyler shouted which made me jump.

"Jeez Tyler don't shout so loud I'm not def plus you scared Dakota" Shawn said annoyed you can tell when he's annoyed his nose wrinkles up its kinda cute to be honest.

"Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you Kota and Shawn here's the address"

Shawn took the piece of paper with the address on it and the pizzas and left.

The bell rang on the door and a guy walked in with a smirk on his face.

"Yo sexy, two large pizzas one with ham and pineapple and the other pepperoni"

"Um yeah no problem and could you please not call me that" I said nervously.

"Hey now princess I can call you what I want to call you" he said sitting down at the waiting area.

His words sent chills down my back and I can't tell if it's a good feeling or not I know it's familiar tho.

"No you can't ahah" Shawn said coming through the door laughing.

"Aye pizza guy stick to the delivering and let me do my thing"

"Yeah which is ordering pizza not making the girl behind the counter uncomfortable"

"Anyway who asked you? What have you got to do with this" The guy said standing up.

"She's my friend and I don't want you disrespecting her" Shawn said setting the bag that was once full of pizza boxes on the counter.

"Just your friend Awh has someone got a little crush and is too pussy to say it, keep it that way she'll never like you back anyway bro"

Shawn went quiet.

"Thought so well blondie hers my digits babe give me a call sometime" The guy said while setting a piece of paper on the counter with 20 bucks and grabbed his pizza.

Shawn just stormed off into the back.

Why was that guy so familiar omg but it couldn't be.. he had shades on so I couldn't exactly see his full face and he was all in black.

I took the piece of paper with his number on it and chucked it in the bin.