Addicted

🎱🎱Chapter Two🎱🎱

After Anna-Beck's pink problem, I headed home with my Indigo eight ball. I had decided to take the most exotic color. A kind of blue/purple color. Stacey had taken plain, boring yellow.

"Hi honey!" My mom yelled from inside the house, "I see your homework is done."

"What?" I asked, closing the door behind me.

"We made a deal that you can't go out until homework is done. Remember?"

"Oh yeah!" I remembered, "That starts tomorrow." My mom pointed upstairs. I had to do my homework now. I didn't even understand our math lesson today. We were learning Scientific Notation. It was dumb! What was the point? When will I have to use it in life? I want to open my own pizza parlor. I'd name it Amberino's. Now what did stupid Scientific Notation have to do with pizza? Don't ask me, because I don't have the slightest idea.

Okay. So why was my mom mad? I still don't know. I don't know that much. I am an all B student, and get the occasional C. I've missed a few homework assignments and when I had a C- in math, my mom blew her top. She wanted me on the Honor Roll. But a C- was not Honor Roll worthy. Stacey was a straight A student. Anna-Beck was an A/B student. Of all my friends, I was the dumb one.

"Amber what is this junk!?" My mom called up the stairs. I got away from my desk and slid down the railing of the staircase.

"What junk?"

"THIS JUNK!" My mom was holding up my magic 8 ball.

"It's an Indigo magic 8 ball that I got from that new store down the block. How do you have it anyway?" I questioned.

"You dropped it when you went upstairs." My mom said, "I'm surprised it didn't break."

The next day, I decided to go back to The Magic Eight. School had been a drag. I wanted violet. It was such a beautiful color. Then I remembered the deal I had made with my mom.

DRIIIIIIIINNNG!! Went the store bells. I crawled into a small corner and did my homework. Then, I bought the violet ball and left.

"Homework...?" My mom started.

"Done." I interrupted. My mom grinned.

"Good," She said, "because I have a surprise for you."

"Hey."

I knew that voice. I turned. My face was blank for a moment. Suddenly, my smile was as big as the sun. Then I excitedly screamed, "Mikey!" and wrapped my brother in a big hug.

"Don't forget me!" Amanda spoke up.

"How could I forget you?" I whispered from a hug. Mikey was 25 and was a Marine. Amanda was my genius sister who just got back from Florida. She was in a smarts contest and apparently won! She is 8. I am 13, the middle child.

"So mom? What's my surprise?" I joked. She laughed.

"You guys HAVE to see this new store down the block." I told my siblings, "It's addicting." And it was. I was going there everyday now.