Exploring The Magic Eight

🎱🎱Chapter One🎱🎱

My legs moved so fast they were a blur.

"Yeah Stacey! I'm almost there!" I shouted into the phone. I was

Running to the store down the block. It was brand new and Stacey and my other best friend, Anna-Beck, had promised we would go in together.

"Well hurry up! Anna-Beck's getting inpatient!" Stacey said quietly. Stacey was tall and quiet. Anna-Beck was shorter and loud. That was the thing about us. Although my friends seemed different, we were all pretty similar.

"Amber!" screeched Anna-Beck spotting me up the block.

"Hey guys! I replied, "Ready to go in?"

"I was born ready!"Anna-Beck said.

" Yeah! Let's go!" Stacey muttered. She wanted to look cool about the whole store thing, but I could tell she was jumping up and down inside. After all, she had been the one who constantly wished about going in there. She was ALWAYS talking about it.

"Woah!" I gasped, "This place isn't called The Magic Eight for nothing." The store was lined up floor to ceiling with shelves of magic eight balls. There were eight different colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, and black.

"So Stacey do you like, love it?!" Anna-Beck giggle-shouted.

"Uhhhh... yeah. I guess it's okay." Stacey told her. I knew she wanted to grab as many magic 8 balls as she could.

"Nice job playing it cool Stace." I whispered to her. She nudged me in the gut. I winced but then friendly punched her arm.

"Ooooooh! Do you guys have these in pink?"Anna-Beck asked from across the store, a little to loud. Yes, as annoying as it seemed, Anna-Beck loved pink. She was probably the biggest pink addict in the world. She could win a pink medal. I mean please, the girl wore something pink everyday. I'm dead serious. EVERYDAY! Today, she was wearing a pink bracelet.

"Nope. But we have red." The store owner slowly broke the horrible news. Well, Anna-Beck's horrible news. Stacey and I honestly didn't care.

"NOT! GOOD! ENOUGH!!!" Anna-Beck huffed. She shouted at the top of her lungs and ran to the door.

"Bye guys!" she said. Then, she continued screaming and ran out the door.

"Sorry about her." I nervously said to the store owner, "I'll take the Indigo one."