Eleven

Inala arrives at the party soon after. She makes a few rounds, talking to different people and then makes her way over to me. We sit down and she loses a bit of her Capitol air.

"How was she before she went in?" I ask.

"Scared, but I think I convinced her to try. I told her if she didn't want to hurt anyone then she should find somewhere to hide and wait out the games, but there wasn't anything else I could say."

I nod. The only way she was going to change her mind was if she decided it for herself. "So anyway, what do you have planned for the rest of the games?" I ask. This conversation is another part of our plan to give me information. The group figured if Raff gave me some of it and Inala gave me the rest, then no one would suspect anything.

"Oh, I'm relaxing for the next couple days. After that, I'm going to a few parties. The first one starts at 10:30 at night. I'll have to take a nap earlier that day. I definitely want to stay awake for the party because there's going to be some designers there that I want to talk to. One man, named Whytt Flamsteed, is said to draw his inspiration from the northeast, but what I don't understand is he made a trip all around the country and he chose there.

"When he first left the Capitol he went south through District 2. Then he went east and stopped in District 10 and continued east, but turned to the north before he reached the sea. I think the northern flare is what people like about his designs. It's odd because he made the trip in the summer but he said it was still cold up in the north. My theory is that is why many of his clothes are thicker, with longer sleeves and the likes. He likes the style of clothing for the winter, even in the summer.

"Once I become more acquainted with him I'll have to introduce you. I have some ideas I'd like to throw at him. He's said to be quite a riot at parties."

"Wow, I didn't know Capitol citizens could travel so freely," I say honestly.

"Well that was before the war. It's a bit different now."

"Have you traveled to many of the Districts?"

"A few, but I like to stick to the Capitol. The Districts seem a bit dull comparatively; there's absolutely nothing to gossip about there."

I laugh. "That is true."

"Attention everyone!" Tullis calls from near the TV. "I do believe that the action is picking up. Feel free to mingle, but keep it down for those who want to watch."

I sigh. "I suppose we should watch it." Inala nods and we move to sit closer to the TV.

The arena has gone dark and the swamp is eerily quiet. The camera focuses on Terra from District 12. She sits on a dry spot of land, a small fire in front of her. The camera switches to Rendwick, also from District 12. He's seen the fire light and he moves towards it, going very slow to stay quiet.

The camera moves again to show Terra trying to get warm. Rendwick holds up his sword as he draws closer.

"This will be interesting since they're from the same district. I don't think he knows who she is yet," Tiberius nearly whispers.

Rendwick is only a few feet away, but his eyes are so focused on the girl that he trips and makes a splash in the water. The girl is on her feet quickly, her own weapon pointed at Rendwick.

Rendwick gets up hastily, holding his sword out. "Terra?" The sword lowers an inch.

Her eyes harden. "You were going to kill me?"

"That is the game." He licks his lips. "I didn't know it was you."

"And if you had? What would you have done?"