Chapter 24 - How he's making things better

Hey, just another 2 or 3 to go and then its the end. I don't think I'm doing a sequel (You'll probably understand why if you have other stories ready to write!!! and.......) I'm so looking forward to your reactions to this one and the next one (maybe) because it's so unexpected what I'm going to write. Hopefully theres a picture of Marceau's mask as I don't think i've described it well as all, if not it is this one http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/forum/61016-large.jpg 

Please comment and thank you for reading this chapter.

..................................................................................................................................            

“Chika…. Chika.” Genius whispers, shaking me. “Chika wake up.” Conciousness tugs me awake from the pit I’ve been stuck in. All I can remember was his name. True, I’d seen the side of him no vampire had and I didn’t trust him but never would I have thought he’s sink that low (pun intended). The high tide of sleep takes for ever to wash away before I can even see Takuma’s beautiful green eyes looking worried in front of my face. A weak smile appears on my face as I try to move. Over and over again I try but I’m not managing to get my feet off the ground or my arms from above me. The slightest turn of my neck makes me scream as a gut renching pain hits the soft spot. “Don’t move your neck.”

               “Why?” I ask being to panic as I can’t move anything and at the sound and feel of my voice. Why does it feel like I’ve swallowed sand paper and it’s got stuck in my gullet?

               “You got bitten by a level- E vampire last night and he’s done a really shitty job of it. Looks like he’s gone to the bone.”

               “No wonder I’m woozy.” I lean forward trying to get comfortable but get pulled back up rigid. “Why can’t I move?”

               “We’re in a cage Chika and your strapped by your hands and feet.” He explains, starting to pace. “If I was you I’d not move.”

              “Hilarious.”

               “There wasn’t meant to be a joke. I’m trying to think of a plan.”

               “Genius, you’re really not a genius are you.” I shake my head, as much as I could. “Who’s the one that isn’t tied up? Who’s the one that could rip this cage apart? Hmm, I’ll have to think about that one.”

               “Gosh, no need for the insult. I got the message.” Takuma stops and walks straight in front of me. Our faces are only centimetres apart. Oh God, I didn’t think about this. Never thought about it. Was meant to think about it? It’s Takuma the lovelest guy you’ve ever met. He’s always been there for me and he never has anything nasty to say. Takuma doesn’t treat me wrong but there isn’t that pull I have with Zero. Maybe it’s that human instinct: you always want what you can never have. But Zero has issues like I do whereas Takuma has had the life anyone would love. A family, friends and money. And I’m pretty sure he’s had his fair share of woman, so why pick me? “This is going to hurt so are you ready.”

               “Rip it off like a BandAid.” A little chuckle escapes his serious face. It’s oddly scary as I’ve never seen it before and strangely arrosing. Clearly, the bad boy type is mine! The arms I’ve known to be welcome are becoming the machines that can rip anybody up. Those green eyes full of love and compassion to me are red that hold the danger underneath. His fangs extend down and I become very aware of the other half of my neck, that I have left. Surely he can smell the blood. How do I not know that he’s had a little nibble on my jugular vein while I’ve been knocked out?