Chapter 2 - The reason why

Please comment, even if it is negative

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

God, everyone in this school is extremely hot. I feel like the odd one out, out of place in the model like world around me. I envy them! I envy everybody. I used to think I would be like Cinderella, because my dad treated me horribly but I'd find me prince and leave that bastard, making him regret every last second he wrecked my life.

"Right, we are going to learn how to control ourselves, that is why I've invited Chika." The headmaster pronounces. What? Control themselves? What the hell am I in? "I see it in your eyes and your body language, my vampires, I know it can be difficult but you have to. I'm not letting you fall to level-E"

"Um, excuse me, Sir!" I interrupt his rambling, putting my hand up. He acknowledges me with a nod, "Vampires? They're fiction."

"No, were not." Stands an older looking girl than me, but I'm sure they are all very older than me! Her wavy thick hair falls to her waist, mine a lot longer than hers, and nearly the same colour as the headmasters. Her dark brown eyes, full of anger and hurt look straight at me. Everyone is looking at her but one looks at her with love and compassion. He looks like Aido! "Would we be standing and talking to you if we were fiction?! Get it into your dump human mind that we exist."

"Thank you for that Ruka, please sit down." Headmaster cross ask nicely.

"So why am I here then? To help them control themselves!" I repeat, unsure if I heard him right. I don't want to help others, I want to help myself. I should take Karate or kick boxing that should help.

"Oh, the little human, understands. Aren't you a good girl," Ruka mockingly says, using a baby voice at me.

"So, I'm a snack!" I say, trying not to let my anger show in my voice. Living with my dad makes your anger show immediately. Damn that man, I can't wait until I go to college.

"You can also read behind the lines, your parents must me so proud." Again, she annoyingly speaks. Someone shut this bitch up!

All the vampires and the headmaster look at me, waiting for a comeback. But how can I? Tears begin to fall from my eyes, the pain of remembering the fault I did haunts me. I want to get rid of it, I want to forget. My dad reminds me every day of my life; every bruise is because of that night, making me feel the way he felt when he arrived home. "My mother is dead because I didn't do anything," I shout at her, ready for whatever she has, "And my dad beats me up everyday because I did nothing and he can't stand the sight of me!"

I stand me ground, metaphorically speaking, keeping me eyes on hers. I will not walk away or fall my head to the table to hide my crying. My tears still escape my eyes but I don't care, this is the first time I've stood up for myself and I'm going to. "I'm ... I didn't ... I'm sorry." She stutters, not sure if what she said was the right thing to say. I don't think I'm going to get on with this vampire!

Silence fall between everyone. I finally stop crying, I finally stop looking at her. I do what I usually do, cower. I cross my arms and my head meets them, making my hair fall everywhere. No one knows what to do. They don't want to come too close because of my human blood or they just don't know how to comfort people. I would love comfort but when I did I got nothing. No ones shoulder to cry on! I'm used to it, but because of Aido I want it.

"Ok, thank you Chika," Headmaster Cross says. I sit back up but do not look anyone in the eye. They have crowded around me, the headmasters back to me, keeping the vampires at bay. "Everyone sit down, please." Everyone obeys. Surely a whole group of vampires could take down me and him! "Chika, do you know why you are here?"