Stage 4: Belief - Chapter 8: Falling from the heavens.

Stage 4: Belief  - Chapter 8: Falling from the heavens.

            “Thanks for coming.” Parker let the reporter James Filbert into his house. “You wrote that article on the UFO’s crop circles and everything.” Parker nodded then looked to Harry and Carol.  “We just need you to prick your finger to show that your…well one of us.”

            James looks confused then nods. “You kids say you have something the public needs to know.” James follows the group into the living room. “I’ve been writing this for years and never have I had someone call me which sounded so urgent.  Well, get on with it.” James holds out his finger and Parker pokes it, the blood is red.

            “Good,” Carol nods. “Okay, let’s show him.” Carol opens the door to the garage and the dead alien body whose eyes are crusty and white and the globs of black goo now completely dried lay in the same spot it did before.

            “Oh shit.” James walked up to it and turned back to the kids. “This is going to make me…rich.”

            “We just need you to make the story public. Because, this thing impersonated our friend and…”

            “And we don’t know how many other people are impersonated.” James kept his eyes on the creature with a smile creeping on his face and dollar bills in his eyes. “Let me know everything you know.”

***

            Trevor turned the knob and felt the initial burst of cold water hit him. The water quickly turned warm and Trevor started to wash his hair. His mind went back to Kojak and he reached down touching himself and getting engulfed in the steam. His shaft thickened and he could almost feel Kojak moving his hands down his back and feeling the soft kiss of the man who saved his life. He pictured Kojak’s tanned muscled body pressing hard against him and feeling the erect cock of a man too kind and loving for words. Trevor’s pelvic area tensed up and he shot cum along the shower wall. He opened his eyes and turned to realize it was all just his imagination. That was all that was left of Kojak, an imagination.

            The water fooled him a bit making it seem like he wasn’t crying. Trevor turned finished up and got out of the shower drying himself. A towel wrapped around his waste he entered into his room to notice lunch already waiting. Trevor walked over to the tray; it was a turkey sandwich and some chips with bottled water.

            An alarm blared out and a flashing yellow light flashed in the corner of the room. Trevor looked at it not sure if it was a fire alarm or what it was exactly. He quickly threw on his pants shoes and a t-shirt and grabbed the water bottle. Trevor ran into the hallway. The guard usually watching his door was gone.

            Trevor looked down the hallway and dashed towards the exit. The green exit sign his sign to salvation. Running out into the tarmac her noticed the soldiers running around in a commotion. Trevor snatched an abandoned military jacket off a bench and hurried towards the exit. He noticed guards around it but then spotted a jeep getting ready to leave. Trevor hopped in the back and covered himself with some canvas just before the engine started and sped out of the gate.

***

            Carol returned home and quickly put down her bag and ran to the toilet to throw up. Her stomach had been uneasy all day and she had no idea why. After throwing up she stood up and went into her room. Her parents were gone and everything was a world wind since they got that alien. Her friends were dead and she somehow held it together so that the public would know.

            Moving into her room Carol started crying and looked at her wall. There were pictures of Lexi and her all over the bedroom wall and she couldn’t help but wonder what Lexi’s last moments were, how scared she must have been. Carol collapsed on her bed and stared at her white ceiling, dizzy and depressed. She let out a sigh and then managed to get up as her mother got home. Ignoring her mom and proceeding to the kitchen Carol knew exactly what she was going for: the Oreos and the peanut butter, fuck her diet.

            Grabbing the two and returning to her room she ate them and realized that her usual favorite dish wasn’t’ really hitting the spot anymore. She returned to the kitchen and found a banana. Usually she hated the texture of the thing but for some reason it hit the spot. Carol ate about four before she returned to her room and went to sleep.

***

            The following day the paper hit the stands and it created a buzz. The New York Times and other major newspapers on the Internet picked up the article. Instantly, the FBI tags started blaring but it was too late, the story was viral and if it wasn’t bloggers spreading the media it was news reporters. Everyone was talking about the alien in New Mexico; it was Roswell all over again. Because of social media sites the government couldn’t cover it up. James Filbert became a household name over night and the press started to drill the president.  But by this time it was already too late. Agent Jim Goodman and Dr. Angela Monroe were able to detain the body.

            “This is a whole different kind of species, and from what that reporter said – it’s hostile.” Jim said looking over the table at the dead alien body. “We brought the reporter in for questioning but he’s not helpful. Plus, the kid is gone.”

            “Shows how great our establishment is.” Angela scoffs. “We lost specimen 244. We can’t keep a kid here. The government is trying to make it seem like this is the first alien. It’s only a matter of time before the public panics.”

            “We’re going to have to do mandatory blood tests of everyone.”  Jim frowns. “I’m just worried. That these things are going to attack us. We have no idea how many of them are here or what they want. How do we prepare a world for an invasion that has already happened.”

            “The same way we did the last time we had visitors on our planet.” Another voice answers, it is the voice of Agent Mark Sanchez, a handsome Latino man who entered the lab. He also wears a similar suit to Jim. “I think it’s time you both got clearance for level 7. ”

***

Harry left his bike near his porch and entered his home. His mom was just heading out as he entered. She noticed him then scowled. “Harry we need to talk about you skipping school. They called here today and I don’t need the stress.” Harry’s mom growled. “Also, Trevor is here to see you. He is waiting in your room.” She exited and shut the door behind her.

Harry gulps and eyes the hallway. He hurries to the kitchen and grabs a knife from the drawer and turns around to see Trevor in a military jacket. Trevor jumps back and Harry tries to poke him with it.

“Stop! What the hell Harry.” Trevor shouts and holds up his hands. “I went by my house and there is a tent there and they won’t let me in.”

“You can’t fool me. You might look like him but I know you’re not my friend.” Harry shouts. “Get the fuck away from me!”

“Harry. Stop,” Trevor looks in his friend’s eye’s confused. “What are you talking about? It’s me, we went fishing together last summer. We would play hide and seek. It’s me Trevor.”

Lowering the knife for a second then shaking his head he raised it again. “I don’t believe you. Go into that cabinet. Take one of the knives and cut your self. I need to see blood to know you’re real.”

Trevor nodded then slowly moved to the cabinet pulling out a smaller knife. He lifted up his shirt exposing his tight stomach and cut right above his hip a thin horizontal line. Red blood oozed out.

Harry dropped the knife and walked up giving Trevor a long hard hug. He pulled back and smiled looking into his friend’s eyes and the two shared the moment. Their lips were close now and Harry felt Trevor’s warm breath on his. He looked into Trevor’s eyes and then leaned in but stopped at the last minute and pulled back embarrassed. Trevor noticed it but ignored it for the moment.

“So, my room was too messy for you to stay in huh.” Harry chuckled trying to release the awkwardness.

“Huh? I snuck in the back.” Trevor replied. “That’s why I thought you had the knife, I startled you –right?”

Harry’s eyes widened as the realization suddenly hit him. His mother had not left Trevor waiting in his room. As Harry raised his head and turned it to the kitchen door he spotted two large dark eyes looking back at him.