chapter 13

HAI GUYS. I hope you remember what happened last chapter (x

[Cody played the song for Dani and they hugged!]

KCOOL. on with the story! :D

_________________________________________

CODY POV

"are you gonna play this for Amber?! Oh my gosh, you have to play this for her!" Dani squealed as we pulled away. My cheeks heated up and I shoke my head quickly, "oh I dunno if I can d-"

"of course you can, silly!" she interrupted me and rolled her eyes. I twirled the pick between my fingers and said, "Im too nervous though, what if I mess up? oh, that would be so horrible."

She picked up my guitar from the floor and handed it to me, smiling, "that's impossible. you'll do great, Cody."

"okay..." as soon as I spoke, she grabbed my free hand and pulled me towards the door, "well come on, let's go!" she yelled excitedly.

~

As we were walking up the stairs to Amber's room I whispered to her, "if this ends badly, I blame you." I added a smirk and she chuckled, "just go!" she responded and pushed me up to her door.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a quick second before rasing my fist to knock on the door. "who is it?" I heard a soft voice from inside. "um. its Cody"

She was silent for a while, "...come in" I twisted the knob, but it stopped short, "Its locked" this time I heard sheets rustling, then the thump of her cast on the floor. The doorknob twisted and Amber appeared in the doorway.

She was wearing purple pajama pants and a white tank top with her blond hair in a high messy bun. I noticed she had no make up on, and little bags under her eyes. She still looked beautiful. Her eyes met mine for split second, but she looked away quickly, "what do you want, Cody?" she asked, her gaze landing on my guitar.

"I- uh, wanted to sing a song I wrote for you" Her eyes teared up quickly and I kept myself from scooping her into a hug. She leaned her head against the edge of the door and wiped her nose with the back of her hand, "I..dont wanna hear it, honestly."

My lips dropped to a frown, "but why?" She sighed, running her hand through her loose curls, "because, I know that as soon as I hear your voice Ill want to take you back...same with looking in your eyes" she whispered, glancing at me.

"Isn't that the point, though? I miss you Amber." she waved me to come inside as she walked back over to her bed. I closed the door behind me and leaned my guitar in the corner of the room. "you can sit down if you want" Amber mumbled from under the pile of sheets.

AMBER POV

I felt the mattress sink next to my feet and hugged my legs closer to my chest. "did you think coming here to sing a song would just make everything all better?" Cody cleared his throat, "um, it wasnt my idea actually."

I squinted my eyes, "who else's idea could it have been?" he answered in a small voice, "..Dani's" I poked my face up to look at him, "you're kidding me right? she told you to come and sing for me? My cousin knows me. And she also knows that that wouldnt make up for all the lies."

"I promise she did. Im sorry, I didnt want it to make things even worse between us." I groaned and let my head fall back onto the pillow.

"I wish we could just go back. Back to how it was when you were in the hospital. When you didn't know I was famous, because everything was so much simpler. Even though I was lying about who I was, the person you saw was the real me. Because honestly, I don't consider "Cody Simpson the celebrity" to be the real me. I'm a 14 year old beach kid from Gold Coast, Australia."

I was silent. But as I was absorbing all of his words, he stood up and grabbed his guitar. A few moments later I heard the door close softly. I started crying again, sobbing actually. Why do I have to be so stubburn? Why didn't I just let him sing for me? It would have been beautiful, I wouldve forgiven him and everything would be okay again. But no. I just had to close everyone out like Ive done so stupidly in the past.

He's been nothing but sweet to me all along and all Ive done is push him away. All he wanted was for me to see him as a normal person and get to know his true self first. That's all. I should go to him before he leaves, but I couldnt find the strength to get out of bed. "Cody," I sobbed, knowing he couldn't hear me, "Im sorry too."

DANI POV

I looked away from the television when I heard footsteps coming down the staircase. Cody sat down next to me with tears streaming down his face steadily, "what happened?" I asked, with a concerned tone.

"she doesn't want anything to do with me" Cody whispered quite helplessly, "but I couldve sworn I heard her say she was sorry from outside the door."

"so you didn't sing..? dang." I said, shaking my head. "Not just 'didn't sing', she wouldn't LET me sing."

"aw man, Im so sorry. I really wanted things to be better between you guys so we could all hang out again." guilt built up in my stomach, even more intense than the last time. I tore them apart. I had hurt two of the most important people in my life.

Cody and I watched a few episodes of random Disney shows in silence; I kinda got lost in my own thoughts. Aunt Carrie walked past us and slipped on her shoes, "Oh hi Cody!" he nodded to her politely and she turned to me, "Dani, Im gonna run to the grocery store real quickly. Can you watch Dylan while Im gone please? I think he's hungry."

"sure, no problem" I answered, faking a smile. "Alright, you kids have fun!" she chirped and jogged out the door to the garage. I immediately heard Dylan crying from his room and ran to the kitchen to make him a bottle. "Ill go check on him for you." I heard Cody say before he jogged upstairs. (Dylan is Amber's little brother in case anyone forgot:)

When I finished the bottle, I ran up to his room to find Cody cradling him, bouncing up and down slightly. It was really adorable, I have to say. "thanks," I said as Cody handed him to me. He drained the bottle of milk in a few minutes and fell fast asleep in my arms. "aww" I cooed and laid him in his crib softly.

We snuck out of the room, careful not to wake him up, and resumed watching tv.After a few minutes, we heard thumps down the stairs, "hey Dani do you know if--" Amber stopped when she saw Cody, "w-what are you still doing here?" She asked him.

"I was just waiting for Shawn to get out of his meeting. He should be picking me up soon." Cody explained and the room suddenly felt tense, "oh." Amber choked out.

"I can wait for him outside if you want," he suggested and stood up from the couch. Amber looked down at her feet and shrugged. Cody sighed and started walking towards the front door. I felt like my insides were about to catch fire, "UGH. I can't take this anymore! All of this is MY fault!" I blurted out.

Both of their jaws dropped in shock and they stared at me for an explanation, "I was sick and tired of you not telling Amber the truth; y'all playing the guitar together just threw me over the edge," I addressed Cody first.

Then I turned to Amber, "I figured someone had to tell you and I knew that Cody was gonna be on the Today Show. So that morning I put it on to show you the truth about him. Im so sorry. I shouldve let Cody be the one to tell you and I regret everything I did."

I shut my eyes and waited in agony for their responses. Are they gonna be furious with me? or forgive me?

____________________________

CLIFFHANGERRRR LOL sorry(: I just had to do it.

anywaysss tell me what ya'll think please! I will try and get the next chapter up faster this time! lmaoo

thanks for reading! <3