chapter 9

woooo(: finally posting Perfect again! :D

WHOS EXCITED?!

lol. i kinda had writers block but its gone now (: hope you enjoy!

___________________

~AMBER POV~

"Im so sorry, Amber. Im here." Cody whispered and hugged me just as the door opened. Dani stepped in and froze like she was about to say something. she shook her head quickly and asked me, "are you okay? whats going on?"

I wiped away my tears and Cody pulled away, taking a step back from my bed. "uh, yeah. Im okay" Cody and Dani glanced at each other and looked back at me.

whats going on with them?! theyre acting a little strange...

there was an awkward silence between us and I played with with my thumbs, "um, y'all can go eat breakfast...Ill be okay by myself."

Cody nodded and put his head down as he walked towards the door. the two of them waved before closing the door behind them. "that was weird" I muttered to myself and reached over to grab the tv remote.

I flicked through the channels aimlessly before I decided to just listen to music. It was confusing going through the songs on my iPod because I didnt remember any of them. I just put it on shuffle and giggled at the album cover of the first song. It was a boy with swooshed brown hair and chocolate brown eyes.

'Down To Earth' was the name of the song. I looked at the artist name; Justin Bieber. huh. he's a good singer...and he is pretty cute, I thought to myself.

[haha sorry XD i just couldnt resist! <3]

Towards the end of the song, I began to drift away to sleep. the song switched, and the last thing I remember was thinking it sounded a whole lot like Cody's voice. . .

*~*~*~*

"ugh! I want out of this room!" I complained to Cody, after my fourth day in the hospital room. He set my breakfast down on the table beside me, and sat down on the bed. I started stabbing at my eggs angrily.

Most of the pain had dissapeared thanks to multiple different treatments and medications. but I was beginning to get very homesick and hyper at the same time. I was constantly bouncing up and down in the bed; irritating whoever was sitting with me.

"do you want me to get a nurse? maybe she can get you a wheelchair or something" Cody offered. I grimaced, "ew. no, I wanna try by myself!" I pulled the sheets off my body and nudged him out of the way.

he shook his head, "I dunno Amber, I dont want you to get hurt." I rolled my eyes, "move, Cody! Ill be fine" he hesitantly stood up, but held out his hand for me.

I ignored it and swung my cast, then my other leg over the edge of the bed. I slid off of the bed, but as soon as my feet hit the floor, both of my legs gave out from under me. Cody immediately dove for his knees and caught me in his open arms.

I strted crying instantly, but mostly because due to frustration. I cant even stand up on my own. "are you okay? Amber, are you hurt?" Cody asked with concern.

I sniffed, wiping my eyes, and shook my head 'no', "Im fine, I-I just want to get better already!" he hugged me tighter to his chest and rose to his feet, holding me bridal style. he shushed me and whispered, "everything will be back to normal before you know it, I promise"

I smiled a little and wrapped my arms around his neck, "thanks Cody, youre a great friend..."

"anytime...do you want me to get you that wheelchair now?" he chuckled, shaking his hair. I nodded, "yeah, but..can you just carry me? wouldnt wanna bother the nurses" I made up a random excuse and winked.

he rolled his bright, blue-green eyes and shrugged, "of course, no problem!" I giggled.

Cody opened the door with his foot and stepped outside of the room quickly. he began walking towards the elevators, and we passed Dani on the way there. She and Cody smiled at eachother, but when I looked back over Cody's shoulder at her, she had a frown on her face and gazed into the distance.

I couldve sworn I saw something in her eyes...jealousy? why would she be jealous of me? I cant even walk by myself! well I mean besides that, she wouldve told me if she liked Cody or something! ...wouldnt she?

((( DANI THOUGHTS:

how could I be so stupid?! I couldve had Cody all to myself, but I just had to just push him away...for what? my jerk of an ex boyfriend. I was right; Amber does like him. as much as tried to be happy for them, I just couldnt. I had feelings for him!

She doesnt even remember the truth about Cody. she has no idea that he is famous. should I tell her?? no, she would be furious at him for not her. besides, when she did find out, would she still want to be with him?

Amber has never been the type to be interested in fame, but that is exactly where shes headed with Cody. . . )))

Cody stepped out of the hospital doors and cool, fresh air, tossed my hair around. He started walking slowly down the sidewalk and I looked up at him, "I wanna try again."

he chuckled and stopped in his tracks, "really? are you just asking for something to go wrong?" he teased.

I shook my head seriously, "please, just hold onto me this time?" I begged, puffing out my bottom lip. he sighed, looking into my eyes, "alright fine"

he placed my feet on the ground gently and held my waist, to protect me. "dont let go" I told him and staggered forward slowly. I may have only broken my right leg, but my left was not exactly in good shape.

I placed my hand on his shoulder for support, and felt much better about walking. 'just one foot in front of the other', I thought, still stumbling over my bulky cast. Cody caught me each time; I felt safe with him...

"dont worry, I got you." he kept saying each time. My legs were beginning to ache and feel like jello. I groaned, leaning over to rub my knee, "oww"

Cody lifted my legs back up, and said, "we can come back out tomorrow. sound good?" he smiled.

"Id love that. thanks Cody, youre really sweet" I smiled at him and rested my head against his shoulder. he kissed the top of my head and turned to head back to the hospital doors.

__________________

OOO whats Dani gonna do?!? (; annnd AWW (: Amber and Cody had a pretty cute moment XD

anywayyy. i added a cast to the story!

so please tell me if you think i chose the right celebrities to play them!

or give me an example of who you pictured for the characters (:

:D thanks <3

OHHH yeah; Team Amber or Team Dani? (;