chapter 12

HELLOOOO :D omg I hope yall didn’t forget about me! its been foreverrrrrrrr. High school is so busy! :/ anyways im excited I finally got to finish writing this chapter for yall!

RECAP: (since its been a whole MONTH!)

Amber found out Cody was famous and told him she wasn’t ready to be his girlfriend L

___________________________________

DANI POV:

"What happened?" I asked innocently as Cody treaded downstairs. "She found out...and she broke up with me. I can’t believe i let this happen" he sighed as he sat down next to me on the couch.

“I’m so sorry.” I placed my hand on his shoulder. “And it hadn’t even been one day. God, I’m such an idiot”

“You’re not an idiot,” I tried to reassure him, “Amber cares about you. And I’m sure she knows you care about her too. It might take some time, but she will forgive you.”

“I know, but I have to prove to her she can trust me.” Cody stated and we both got silent. The only sound was coming from the air conditioning overhead until the backdoor opened and closed. Court stepped inside and stomped her shoes on the mat.

“Oh! Hey Cody!” she chirped and skipped around the back of the couch. “Hi Court,” Cody murmured. She plopped down in between Cody and me and asked, “What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“It’s nothing. Just...teenage stuff” Cody chuckled. “I turn thirteen next month!” she whined and rolled her eyes.

Cody laughed again, “then maybe I’ll tell you next month! I should get going anyway. I have to go to the studio.” He said, standing up. I stood up too and hugged him, “aw. Bye Cody”

“Bye Dani, I dunno when I’ll see you again but…yeah.” He said with his head hanging low. “Don’t worry about it. Just text me if you need to cheer up, okay?”

“kay I will” he mumbled and slipped out the front door to call Shawn. Curious how Amber was dealing, I ran upstairs to our room. “Amber?” I said from the doorway and leaned against the frame.

“What?” She asked, coming out muffled because of the bed sheets pulled over her head. Her boot was sticking out and hung over the edge of her bed. I sighed and took a seat near her legs, “he’s really crushed, Amber”

She groaned and sat up to face me, black mascara temporarily stained to her cheeks, “he should be,” she snapped, “he shouldve told me the truth from the very beginning!”

“yeah, but you can at lea-” she cut me off with a shake of her head and said, “nope, I’m just gonna try and forget about him for right now.” She slide her iPod out of her back pocket and placed it on the docking station.

Do do dooo do do do--- the beginning of Don’t You Cry Your Heart Out began playing but was angrily switched in a flash.

When she found a new song, I said, “You hate Justin Bieber!” and laughed. “no I don’t!” she cracked a small smile, then returned to a frown.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna talk about it?” I asked. She looked down at her hands and twirled her thumbs around, “there’s nothing to say”

The look on her face was sad, and empty, and hurt. Guilt started to build up in my stomach. It’s my fault she is so upset…all my fault.

~CODY POV:

“baby it’s not just you, you know it hurts me too. Watching you lea-“

“CODY! Focus dude,” Shawn interrupted me, “you’re EP is coming out in a few weeks and we gotta start wrapping up these songs.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “but I have a great idea for a new one!” I told him.

He sighed, “Okay, I guess we can get it on the album if that’s what you want. Let’s hear it!”

I picked up where I left off, “watching you leave with tears on your sleeve, don’t you notice that mine aren’t exactly dry. Baby it’s not just you that’s hurting, it’s me too”

Shawn nodded his head approvingly, “that’s a really good start. Do you have any more to it?” I shook my head, “no, but I promise I can finish it before the album is released!”

He nodded again and pulled out his phone, “alright we’ll do it! I’m sure it’ll be a hit, Cody.” I grinned, “Thanks so much!”  

Finally, something has gone right for me today.

~

After I ran through the songs a few times, Shawn had to go to a meeting. I was sitting in the recording booth by myself, mindlessly twirling my guitar pick between my fingers. I sighed, set my guitar aside, and picked up my notepad.

I spilled my thoughts and feelings onto the paper effortlessly. Not giving a single lyric a second thought. I knew the words were perfect. A bit of the ink was smudged due to a couple of tears, but I had the song finished in about two and a half hours.

I stepped out of the booth and hit the ‘record’ button on the expansive soundboard. I slipped my headphones back on and grabbed my guitar.

“Darling, I know your heart’s seen better times,

I know our songs had better rhymes,

Before today. . .”

~

I wiped my eyes on the sleeve of my jacket and pulled out my phone.

Me: hey Dani. you said to text you if I need some cheering up…I definitely do :(

I stepped out of the recording studio and pulled my hood up, heading out on the streets of L.A. My hotel was just a few blocks from here, but I wanted to get a little fresh air.

After walking past a few shops, Dani texted me back: ‘sure Cody, wanna meet up somewhere?’ I told her to meet me at Starbucks and kept walking until I saw the sign at a distance.

I pushed the open and a little bell went off above my head. It was mostly empty inside, except for a young couple towards the back. I decided to order our drinks, thinking back a few days to remember Dani’s favorite coffee.

I picked up the two cups and sat down at one of the empty outdoor tables. After a few minutes, I heard the metal chair across from me squeak and looked up to see Dani. “hey!” I smiled and stood up to hug her.

“How are you doing?” she asked me with a weak smile and we both sat down. “Alright” I responded and shrugged, “I mean…I wrote a new song” 

“Really?! That’s great! I’d love to hear it.” She said and took a sip of her coffee. “mmm, my favorite!” she added.

I chuckled, “cool, I can play it for you at the studio if you wanna walk over there!” she nodded and we picked up our drinks.

Luckily, it wasn’t a busy day here, so the walk back was peaceful uninterrupted. When we got to the studio, I went to play the recording I did earlier but Dani stopped, “I don’t want a recording! Play it live!” we both laughed and I rolled my eyes, “okayy fine”

Once I got done playing it, Dani’s smile grew even wider, “oh my gosh! Cody, that was incredible!”

“Thanks!” I responded and pulled her into a hug. I squeezed her a little too tightly and she chuckled into my ear. I felt the best I’ve had all day…and I didn’t want to let go…

IM BACK YOU GUYS! Ill try and write more soon! IM LISTENING TO DUBSTEP <3 kbuhbyee(: