Chapter Five

"Who are we escorting?" I asked with a yawn.

I had had a lousy sleep and had only gotten 3 hours.

"A bridge builder by the name Tazuna."

A man with grey hair and a beard walked in. He wore a sleeveless v-neck shirt with an obi, pants and a pair of sandals. He also carried a towel around his neck and wore a pointed hat on his head. He also smelt a little drunk and unsurprisingly he held a bottle of something in his hand.

As he walked in he said rudely "What the... a bunch of little snot nosed kids?" He then drank from the bottle. He then looked at Naruto and said "And you the little one, with the idiotic look on your face, you really expect me to believe that you're a ninja?"

Naruto laughed. "Whose the little one with the idiotic look on his fa-? Oh."

They lined up and Naruto found out that he was the shortest. Then, upset, he yelled "I'll demolish you!"

He started to run forward when Kakashi grabbed the back of his collar and sighed "You can't demolish the client Naruto, it doesn't work that way"

It didn't stop Naruto from thrasing around to get to Tazuna though.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

Tazuna took another huge gulp of the sake and introduced himself rather formally given that he was a bit drunk.

"I am Tazuna, Master bridge builder, and I must return to my country. I'm building a bridge there that will change our world and I expect you to get me there safely, even if it means giving up your life."

I scoffed. If this drunk thought that I would give up my life for him, he was sorely mistaken.

"Well we might as well be going."

Sasuke cast a look at me and I shook my head.

-

-

We got out the front gate when Naruto yelled "Yeah! Alright!"

"Now what are you getting all excited about Naruto?" Sakura asked.

"This is the first time I have ever left the village. I'm a traveller now, believe it!"

Naruto was laughing with excitement when Tazuna interrupted "Hey! Am I supposed to trust my life to this runt? He's a joke."

Kakshi laughed nervously. "He's with me and I'm a Jounin. So you don't need to worry."

Tazuna then came over to me and leered at me. "And what about her? She doesn't look like any help at all! Also, she can't be a Ninja, she's a girl!"

I met his gaze levelly. "I am not a person to trifle with, so you might want to watch your tongue if you're going to be sexist. Who knows? I might just cut it out." I growled

He gulped.

During our exchange Naruto had crossed his arms and I could tell that he was mad. "Hey, never insult a Ninja, it's a big mistake! I'm one of the greatest Ninja ever! Someday I'm going to be Hokage and you're going to look up to me. My name's Naruto Uzumaki! Remember it!"

Tazuna took another drowning of the contents in his bottle. I think that it's Sake. "Hokage, powerful and wise. You are puny and brainless. The day that you become Hokage, I'll sprout wings and fly."

"Arghh! Shut up! I'm willing to do anything to become Hokage no matter what it takes. And then everyone will have to admit that I'm the toughest ninja including you!"

"You can become Hokage ten times over and to me you'll still be a nobody." Tazuna replied.

I had to admit that this guy was starting to piss me off.