Quidditch Almost Killed Me

"Ginny," I whispered. I could feel Dumbledore's eyes on us. "It's okay."

"No," Ginny said quietly, her voice quivering. "Somethings wrong, Nixie. I can't remember anything that happened the day Mrs. Norris was Petrified. I even woke up with a bunch of feathers in my hair. What is that supposed to mean?"

"Ginny, it's not your fault," I reassured her, the only truth I could give her on this subject. "If you can't remember then that means it wasn't you."

"But what if it was me and I get expelled?" Ginny asked in a panicked whisper.

"Dumbledore would never blame you for something you didn't mean to do, Ginny," I didn't know if this was true, but I hoped for her sake. "And if it helps, I've been blacking out too."

Ginny looked up at me, her eyes wide and she looked a cross between relieved and concerned. "Is that why you've been acting strangely?"

I smiled weakly at her and she leaned in. I watched as the food in front of us disappeared and the Hall cleared out quickly, slowly followed by the Professors. Ginny and I were the last to leave.

"Let's go to the common room," I suggested. "That always calms me down."

Ginny nodded weakly and we walked in silence down the empty corridor. While the corridors dimmed with the sun, Ginny said weakly. "What if we're caught?"

"Like I said before, it's not our fault," I lied. "We should hurry. It's about to be past curfew."

We were both in our favorite seats next to the fire. I faintly heard Harry, Ron and Hermione talking in low voices.

"Why do those three always act so suspicious?" Ginny slurred, her eyes drooping.

"They like meddling," I answered without hesitation. “Last year, it was annoying, but now... I want them to find out.”

Ginny didn't hear the last part because she had already fallen asleep. I sighed and buried my head in my hands. At this rate, I'll be growing white hairs before I hit the age thirteen.

I got up and made my way to Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

I got there while Hermione was saying in a thoughtful tone. "Who'd want to frighten all those Squibs and Muggleborns right out of Hogwarts?"

Voldemort.

I plopped down in the seat next to Ron and they all turned to smile at me before going back to their conversation.

"Hmm, now let me think." Said Ron in a mock thoughtful tone. "Who do you know who think Muggleborns are all scum?"

Voldemort.

"If you're talking about Malfoy-" Hermione started, unconvinced.