Date Night

Dad stared at me as I slowly made my way down the stairs. His eyes widened as he took in my appearance. 

I had decided to go with a black strapless mini dress that fit my curves perfectly. It was the only dress I owned but I loved it dearly.

My hair fell down my back in natural curls and I had added a touch of smokey eye makeup to complete the outfit.

I rubbed my glossed lips together as I waited for Dad to speak.

"You look beautiful Tammy," he murmured. I could see tears in his eyes as he whispered loudly, "Just like your mother."

My Dad hardly spoke about my mother so when he does I am always shocked. I finally stammered out a, "T-thank you Dad."

He smiled sadly in response.

The somewhat awkward silence was broken by two knocks on the front door. Dad's head whipped around at the sound, then he turned back around and grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes and grimaced at his enthusiasm.

My father's grinning face was replaced by a stern one when he reached out and opened the door, revealing a handsome Dean.

Dean was dressed in a pair of black slacks and a pretty blue button down shirt. His hair was still in the usual messy but sexy style. In his hands were a bunch of blood red roses.

"Good evening Mr Lilith, I'm Dean," he introduced himself before offering my father a handshake.

"Good to meet you Dean," Dad replied abruptly; he was apparently keeping up with his pretense of a strict father.

I sighed and stepped around my dad, narrowing my eyes at him. He sent me a sly wink in return.

Dean's smile widened as I approached him. I was extremely giddy when his eyes grew bigger when he caught sight of my dress. I am so glad I decided to wear it.

"Hey," I murmured shyly to Dean.

He gave me a half smile in return and held out the roses to me, "You look beautiful Tammy. These are for you."

I took the offered flowers and smelt them. A sweet aroma escaped from the petals, reminding me of hot days in the garden with Dad, planting flowers and just relaxing.

"Thank you Dean, they're amazing."

I could see my dad about to say something that would probably embarrass both of us so I shoved the flowers into his surprised face and pulled Dean outside.

My father's parting words to Dean as he helped me into the car were:

"Whatever you can do to her, I can do to you."

Ehh, thanks Dad.

     ◆                              ◆                         ◆

"Do you like spicy food? There's a little place about half an hour away that makes the best meals around," Dean spoke as we made our way out of town, the lights of the town falling away in the distance.

I grinned, "Spicy food happens to be my favorite."

He laughed, "Thank god for that. I was going to ask Dru for ideas about where to take you but he uh... couldn't think of any." He finished awkwardly, running a nervous hand threw his hair.

"Dru has been acting strange. Is there something wrong?" I asked.

Dean shuffled uncomfortably in his seat, his eyes on the road as he answered, "I don't think so. He's just been hanging out with some guy from school lately."