I Should Have Stayed Home

While driving home after meeting Dean and Dru, I couldn't get the feeling that I had missed something vitally important. 

Hadn't I been incredibly angry at Vanessa? How did he calm me down so easily?... And knowing where I was going to school? Hmmm

I wasn't paying attention to the road and I accidentally swerved to the left, receiving a middle from another driver. I grimaced and ducked my head down, my cheeks reddening.

I told myself that I didn't need to worry, I must of misinterpreted the meeting. Dean Myer is normal...

                             ◆

The next morning I woke up surprisingly refreshed and in a good mood.

While getting dressed, I looked down at my hands and frowned. The scrapes from yesterday had completely gone. I flipped them over to double check and came back with nothing. 

"Tammy! Do you want any breakfast before I go to work?" My dad called out to me, bringing me back to the present.

"Yes! Be down in a mintue!" I called back to him, pulling my hair up in a messy ponytail. Completely forgetting about my magically healed hands, I jumped down the stairs and went to eat my weight in bacon.

                               ◆

Monday morning came about quickly. Dad had already left for his second home; he's done it too often for me to actually feel lonely.

New schools don't really frighten me much; I was actually looking forward to it. This new enthusiasm definitely was not caused by a certain black haired god who I'd only met a couple days previously. Definitely not.

I'd dressed in a tight black top that hung low on my neckline along with my usual jeans and converse. I'd applied light make up and fixed my hair in an intricate braid. With one last look in my bathroom mirror, I grabbed my school bag and car keys and headed outside to my beauty of a car.

It didn't take me long to find the school. The big sign that read "Saint Peters High School" really gave it away for me. 

Parking in what I hoped was the student parking lot, I jumped out and headed to the main building where I assumed the office was.

I entered the building and almost ran into two guys that were waiting in line.

"Sorry," I huffed, pretending that I knew exactly where I was.

The two guys turned towards me simultaneously. I got a good look a their faces and was surprised to see that they were completely identical. Brown hair flopped over their chocolated eyes and their red lips were stretched into smilies. They were cute in a boy-nextdoor kind of way. And of course there was absolutely no way I could tell them apart. They were even wearing the same clothes for crying out loud. 

"Hello," they said at the same time. Typical, I thought, nearly rolling my eyes.

"You must be Tammy," the one on the right said.

"We were so excited to meet you," the one on the left now told me.

"How did you know I was coming?" I asked them both curiously.

They looked at each other and I could have sworn they were silently talking to one another.

As an uncomfortable amount of time passed without them answering my question, I began to inch away from them.

"Dean told us," they informed me together. I nodded slowly, a smile planted on my face. Dean had been talking about me.

The twins continued, "I'm Jake Smith, and my twin over here is Blake. We can show you around if you'd like?" I didn't know if I wanted to be shown around by them, the whole finishing-each-others-sentences thing kind of freaked me out.