*A BETTER VERSION OF HIM*

The last two days were fun. The other day after lunch, we came back to college and I got busy with my schedule. We created a group on Whatsapp. They would update if I am missing anything. I spoke to mom and dad about my new friends. I don't understand why mom thinks I would get kidnapped by someone I be friend with. Yesterday evening the results were out for the first qualifiers. Thank God, the Oliver's guys made it to the top 8. The next task given to them is '7 Star Hotel with Park Model'. Sounds easy again, with the hardest specifications. Amar thought I was supporting them, then I had to explain him that it was they who were working and I was only hanging out.

The park model came out to be amazing, but we never know, it was the top 8 and the competition gets tough. We had a party this evening, and I was wondering what to wear. I haven't seen Azlan since morning. He was busy with the computer layout. The guys went to have lunch and I stayed back in the room. Shreya came to ask me if I was joining them for lunch, but I told her I wasn't hungry. I wanted to meet Megna, so I asked her to stay back. She was in a hurry, but I had to force her to stay back. Once I was back, she left immediately. The guys were back soon. I got up to leave, and Azlan was there. Ooo! His beard grew in the last two days, and it was weird. He caught me staring. "What?", he smiled, while others still worked. "Beard?", I shrugged. He smiled, confused. "Eh...That's always there. I don't usually clean shave. I did it cuz we had the oath taking ceremony. You don't like this?", his forehead creased, while he still smiled. "Nah! Not like that! I don't prefer beard. You look cute without beard", I smiled. He wasn't very convinced. "Okay", his face expression changed.

The whole time thereafter, he kept covering his face. He felt very uncomfortable, or I just made up this situation for him. "I'm going to have lunch, guys. See you all at the party", I waved at everyone. They all waved back, while he didn't even look up. I went to the cafeteria. Shejoy and team were having lunch. I sat with them and we spoke for a while. Shejoy proposed me when we were at school, but soon things changed. Sana, our batch mate, and Shejoy were in a relationship during the last few days of school. We didn't have contact after that. Shejoy asked about me hanging out with Azlan's team. I was teasing Shejoy if they feared them.
Delhi University were the defending champions, and they think the Oliver's guys as their competition. Megna told me that the previous year was not great. The final was between Oliver's and Delhi University. The Delhi University guys won and there was some random fight between them. So the same team didn't turn up now, instead a different team from the Oliver's academy. "Okay, Shejoy! I have work. See you later", I smiled, and left to my room.
* * *
I was dressed in a white full sleeve top, and a blue skirt, with the same coloured hijab. The party was about to start. There were 16 tables put for 8 teams, with 6 chair in each table. Shreya, Megna and I were talking about the qualifiers, which will be held tomorrow. "Eh...Did you tell anybody about your dress code?", Megna smiled, teasingly. I pulled my head back in confusion. "Why would I tell anybody about my dress code?". "Did you ask anybody to shave their beard?", Shreya pursed her lips inwards, controlling her smile. The only name that striked my head was Azlan's, and even before I did turn, I guessed the scenario behind my back. I turned in search of him, and there he was. He wore a white shirt which was rolled up to his elbow, and dark blue jeans. He tucked in his shirt, and wore a grey belt. As expected, he trimmed his beard, leaving a little under his chin. He looked like any other actor in Bollywood.

He was busy with his team, seated at the far end tables. Shreya coughed in order to distract me. "What's going on, babe?", she laughed. "Trust me, the dress code was a co-incidence", I shrugged. "So madam asked him to shave?", Megna winked at Shreya, both breaking into a laughter. "See, he asked me for an opinion. I told him that I preferred this", I explained. "And there is the man who doesn't go against Zoya's wish", Shreya teased, elbowing Megna. "He is coming. Don't turn", Shreya's expression turned serious. "Hey", Azlan's voice was sweet as honey. I turned back, and acted as though I was seeing him just now. "Hey!", I answered, kind of excited. "You free?", Azlan asked, looking at me. Shreya and Megna felt awkward, I guess. "Eh... We'll catch you later, Zoya", Megna smiled, her teasing smile though. "Girls, wait! We got duty together", I stared at them. "It's fine! We'll handle it. She is free, Azlan", Shreya smiled. Her smile meant as though she was telling him 'she is all your's '. They didn't wait a second more. "Can we?", he signed his hands towards the park. I smiled, notifying a 'yes'.

We were walking in the park, quiet and calm. Why should it be so awkward? He was damn good looking, and I be so pathetic next to him. His hands were constantly in his pocket. "Can I ask you something?", I broke the silence. "Anything", he smiled. NO, NO, NO! Don't smile! Damn, the full beard was better. The half beard made me stare at him more. "Has any girl hit on you before?", I smiled, and he smiled instantly. "Eh...", he laughed, "I will lie for this question... NO!", he laughed. Damn, he was so shy, and that made him look cuter. "Ahaan! So who was it?", my curiosity didn't spare him. "Promise me you won't tease", he pouted. I laughed louder this time. "Okay, done!". "My senior at school proposed me when was in 11th grade, and she still isn't over me!", he laughed. "Seriously? Wow! Where is she now?". "Eh...She is my Business Analysis Professor now", he hanged his head, kind of embarrassed. "Woah! That's insane! Who else?", I smiled. "We went on a camping to Australia last summer. The camping instructor proposed me on the last day of camp. I was shocked. But let me tell you, she was hot!", he laughed. "Oooooo! You didn't accept?", I laughed. "Nah! Still waiting for someone of my type", he smiled, "What about you?", he asked. We almost walked to the University entrance, now we had to walk back. "Eh... Only one... You know Shejoy?", I smiled, while his face expression changed. "Delhi University guy?". "Yeah! But, obviously ...I refused. We didn't talk after that during school days, only now we spoke again". "Oh...", he gave a fake smile. "Okay! I am going to ask you something, and you go to answer me seriously", his expression turned serious. "What?", I shrugged. He looked around him. There was nobody near us. Somewhere in the far-west, we could see the party had started. Before I could turn back to look at him, he was already on his knees. The white street lamps in the park hit his shirt, and made him look brighter. My heart beat raised, and the smiled lasted no longer. It was just those two pairs of eyes staring at each other. And silence continued before he spoke again...
* * * * *
HEY GUYS!
Wishing All the Indians A very Happy Independence Day!

Hope You Guys liked the chapter. Please do vote, comment, follow and Share.

Peaceout, Rockon , Rulelife!

-Ally :) :*