CHAPTER 5

Hope u like the story......

****************

When we returned to our room after the role call everybody started taking off their shoes and put them carelessly anywhere.

I sighed and shook my head at the messiness of the room in which we have to live for 9 more days. I also took off my shoes and again stuffed them into my bag. I then looked at the  watch and saw that we have dinner now. I started taking my utensils out of my other bag.

I then looked towards Sakshi and Sansa and saw them waiting for me only. I smiled sheepishly at them and quickly went towards them.

"So.....how's the food here?",I inquired.

Sakshi smiled a little and said," You will see."

I arched an eyebrow at her direction but didn't say anything. When we reached the canteen we saw a line of girls and joined them. Slowly Following the girls I yawned a little and stepped a few steps ahead.

When it was my turn to have the food I saw that there is simple Indian food that consists of yellow dal, roti, rice, yogurt and tea. I quickly took 2 roti with the dal and spoonful of rice.

I then looked for a place to sit and found an empty table on the back side. I started walking towards the table.

As I was reaching the table I saw the redhead from earlier and her 2 friends. I scoffed at her childish behavior as she put her foot in my way. I pretend to not notice the foot and continued my walking. As I closed the distance between me and her foot I saw her smirking slightly.

Instead of tripping like she expected of me I  knowingly by fault stepped on her foot.

Oops?

Quick as lightning she put her foot under the table and started glaring towards me. Ha! serves her right. It was my turn to smirk as I sat in my seat.

As I started eating my food Sakshi, Sansa, Sarah, Rachel and Tasha joined me too. I saw everyone of our group complaining about the quality of food and eating as less as they can. Only Rachel and I were the quiet ones as we eat all of the things in our plate.

"Come on guys,  what do you expect?
Five star hotel's food?", I said.

" No but I didn't expect this trash either.",Sarah said making a face towards the food.

Rachel sighed audibly,"Well get used to this trash because you will going to get this type food only for 10 days here."

"It's not that bad I think. I can eat dal with rice.", Sakshi said.

"Bad? It's horrible!! I ain't eating any of this." Sansa exclaimed.

"Well then don't complain about being hungry in the room." Rachel snapped.

Sansa made a face at her but didn't said anything.

"I have some biscuits if you want." Tasha said smiling widely and the tension dissolved just like that. Sansa smiled gratefully at her and then started talking to all of us.

****************

I felt a little tired from all the events today and decided to call it a day. I start getting ready for bed. After changing my clothes and doing other necessities I sat on my mattress and took out my phone. I thought about calling home but instead dialled Zoé number. After the fourth ring she picked her phone.

"And here I thought I was being ignored." I said teasingly.

She laughed out loud while replying, "Hi to you too."

"Yeah yeah....so watcha doing?"

"Studying for F.I.T."

"Really?"

"Nah, just watching anime."

"And wasting your time?"

"Yup even though I will regret it in the morning." Zoé replied.

"Because you could have studied but you utilised your time watching anime?." I asked grinning.

"You know me so well." Zoé replied and I could imagine her winking.
"By the way how's the camp?"

"It's cool, though I expected better." I sighed audibly.

"Why what's the problem?"

"Tell you some other time, have to go nowwwww." I dragged my sentence as I laughed evilly inside.

"No wait don't leave me hanging."

"What was that? I didn't hear properly." I snickered quietly.

"Damm you!!." She said.

I laughed and replied,"Love you too." And hung up.

***********

I have been trying to sleep for the last 2 hours and failing miserably. I cursed under my breath as I laid on my mattress and listened to the girls talking, listening to music and chatting on social sites. For God's sake it's a school night how are people still awake at.. (what time is it? Oh yeah!) 2:00 freaking a.m., I groaned loudly as some one shone a torch in my face.

"What the HELL Niki??" I whisper shouted at her.

"Sorry I was just checking if you were asleep."

"No I am not. Happy?"

"No need to be mean."

"Are you effing serious? I am being mean? Well take that torch and shone it in Rachel's face and then we will see if I am being mean or sensible." I said getting irritated.

"You are such a party pooper." She said making an ugly face in the torch light.

"Yeah well lack of sleep does that to some people." I snapped. I think she got the message and that's why went to her bed quietly. I closed my eyes and sighed. I put my left hand over my eyes and tried to block out the annoying voices.

I looked towards some of the girls who were  sleeping peacefully and looked towards the ceiling hopelessly.
The lights have to be switched off after ten But that doesn't mean that the girls will go to sleep. Arghhh can't these girls be normal humans and sleep? Is it so difficult to put your phone away from you, lie down, close your eyes and do the thing they call sleeping. I don't know how the hell am I going to be able to stay awake tomorrow and function properly.

"Dude please यह गाने कम आवाज पर चलाओ ." (Put the volume of music down). Sakshi said in hindi groaning beside me. I heard the volume of music being reduced and a little relief flooded me.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep again. Between cursing the annoying girls in my mind and getting jealous of who were sleeping peacefully I drifted of to my land of dreams with a slight frown on my face.

************

Thank you soo much for reading this book.

I hope the story is going interesting.  comment any mistakes politely.

Plsss vote and comment.

What do u think bout the main character?

Pixie_land