Request - Tristan de Martel "I care"

"She's your sister, Tristan! She's a thousand year old vampire, and she's perfectly able to take care of herself..." And to ruin things for everyone else, by the looks of it. She had put everyone in danger with her revenge plans, even when Tristan didn't seem to want to see it. He was even encouraging her, which put not just Aurora, but also him and with him you in danger. The Mikaelsons knew you had a crush on Tristan, that you were living with him at this moment, and they wouldn't look kindly on you when Aurora would drag everyone down with her.

"She's devoting herself to matters that are far more important than you can imagine, my dear..." Tristan walked towards you, a condescending look on his face.
"There are certain affairs that can not happen without consequences, and it is about time Klaus and Elijah learn that lesson as well. They don't seem to have learned it over the past millennium, after all." He stood in front of you now, brushing the hair out of your face.
"Don't worry, Y/N. She knows what she's doing. And she needs her brother to have her back. That is what being a family means."

You took his wrist in your hand, making him stop stroking you. You had heard the calming words too often, but there was more behind it than just Aurora's behavior that was bothering you.
"It's more than just a brother backing his sister, Tristan, and you know that. You're obsessed with her. I see the way you look at her. I notice the way she can't do anything wrong. I've seen what brothers and sisters do, and that's not how it is with the two of you."

"What are you implying?", he wondered, not letting his eyes of you. Something in his voice scared you. He had known Aurora for such a long time, protected her, loved her... maybe it was just impossible for him not to think about him.

It just felt so... wrong. And it felt like you would never be able to win the place in his heart you wanted to have. No matter how often you heard him say he loved you, he would never love you the way he loved Aurora. Which was exactly what you wanted.
"You know what I mean. I'm trying, Tristan. I'm trying everything I can to be the one you need, and I can't be that person, because that spot has been filled by Aurora."

He nodded.
"Aurora and I have a bond that has lasted for over a thousand years, my love. It's a bond that is unique. And it is something completely different than the two of us share..." He stroked your cheek.
"I care for you, Y/N. Not like I care for Aurora, but I do care. There are different kinds of love... Do not wish for something you can not understand..."

You still didn't know what to think about it. You wanted Tristan to love you the way he loved Aurora, and he was simply telling you he couldn't do that. Was that something you had to accept, you could accept?
"I don't know, Tristan... I..."
You wanted to finish what you were saying, you wanted to phrase more objections, you wanted... you didn't know what you wanted at all, because the moment he stepped in and kissed you, he made you forget everything you had wanted. Everything you had doubted about.

"Don't doubt, my love. If there is anything I have learned over the course of my long, long life, it is to enjoy the moment we are living in. Let us just do that.", he finished the fight, smirking.