part 5

“I suppose it is a bit much, but you must consider what I’ve suffered the last five years. I’ve nearly been disowned by my family for this mess. I have no control over what happened to us, they know that. But they wanted me to go against my imprinting and marry one of the merwomen that is not imprinted. I could not do that. I have known you intimately for years now, and I do not want that. I want you. That is why I’ve been watching you. What were you thinking coming out into the water today?” He admonished.

“I thought you were drowning! You didn’t answer me,” Meghann threw back.

“I didn’t think you had seen me. Then when you stepped into the water, your pull became even stronger. I couldn’t stay away, I’m so sorry,” Seamus said, chastised. He knelt down in front of her, unknowingly giving her more of a display, but he leaned to her and suddenly Meghann was wrapped in his strong embrace, with his mouth playing softly against hers, coaxing her to relent. Soon she had her arms around Seamus’ strong shoulders and was ardently kissing him back, when the air filled with an earsplitting shriek.

Meghann jerked away from Seamus, but he held her closer to him and turned them to face an intruder.

Standing half nude in the entryway was a beautiful woman with green hair and matching eyes, green lips and green tinged white skin. She had shell necklaces and pearls hanging in ropes across her bare chest.

“Seamus! What are you doing? Who is this land beast? Why is it here?” she shrieked in a piercing sharp voice.

"Why are you here Salacia?" Seamus asked icily.

"Your mother, the queen sent me to you. She felt something amiss in the sea and was worried about you," the haughty woman said, while looking down her nose at Meghann.

"I'm fine, and this land dweller is my mate. Mind how you address her," he said as he stood up, pulling Meghann up by the hand to stand at his side.

Salacia threw her head back and let out a harsh laugh. "A land dweller, your mate? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Seriously, are you just trying to see what one of these grotesque creatures is like? My father could have brought you a better specimen than this pitiful thing."

Seamus strode nearer to the mermaid, and said threateningly, "Get out of my home before I make it so you never swim again."

Salacia appeared to think twice before opening her mouth. She turned and dove into the pool that served as entryway to the home. When she surfaced she cast a warning look at the two standing on the smooth floor and said, "Your father will hear about this. I will remember this forever and you will regret your threats when we are mated."

"That will never happen so your threat is empty as your heart!" Seamus yelled to the mermaid as she disappeared under the water.