Twenty-Fifth Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T W E N T Y
F I F T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AVA'S POV

"He took her from me." Christian murmured after a while--- not sobbing anymore.

He had stopped crying, but his face was still buried in my chest. I didn't know what to say to him. I moved my hands softly through his silky hairs--- soothing him.

"God took her from me."

"What?" My hand stopped that was drowned in the sea of his messy hair and looked at his head puzzled by what he just said.

"God took her from me--- He killed her. He could've saved her, but HE DIDN'T." He finally looked at me.

"Don't say like that?" I looked at his face, his cheeks red. Thank God, he wasn't crying anymore. But there were traces of tears in his eyes.

He looked away from me, in front of him--- staring at the floor. He was angry and his chubby cheeks made him look like a baked fluffy muffin. He said, "I never saw her. Daddy says she had cancer and died when I was a baby."

"You're still a baby." I tried to change the topic.

"NO. I'm a big boy now."

"I never saw any big boy crying." I raised my brows at him.

"A--a--- don't tell dad I cried."

Oh, I didn't think of that. Should I tell Sir about what happened?

I think I should.

"And why shouldn't I tell him?"

"Please, Miss Williams."

What? Miss Williams?

"Call me, Ava."

"Then you won't tell daddy, right?"

Oh, boy. He really doesn't want me to tell Mr. Rude about this all. 

"I won't."

I will.

Sorry, Christian, I have to. I should tell your dad about what happened. 

"Now get up. You need to get ready for school."

"NO. I want Mrs. Elliot only."

"But---"

"Mrs. Elliot." He got up from bed and crossed his arms. "Only Mrs. Elliot."

Dammit! Sir told me that Mrs. Elliot was sick that's why he called me. Here this boy only wants her Mrs. Elliot. 

I didn't say anything further and called Sir.

He didn't pick my call.

Ugh! 

I quickly typed a message a sent it: