Fourteenth Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

F O U R T E E N T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I couldn't hear a word except my heartbeat, which was getting weaker every moment.

The smoke from car was making my breathing more difficult and the constant oozing of blood from the cuts on my arms were making me weak.

I could barely see what was going on in front of me.

Everything happened so fast. I don't even remember what exactly happened.

"Ahh!" I cried with pain when I tried to move my head to look at other side of the car.

My vision got blurrier.

I looked at Brit, her hair over her face - hiding it and her body falling on the steering wheel, only the seatbelt was keeping her in place.

After trying hard I built enough strength to unbuckle my seatbelt.

As I unbuckled myself my body collided with the dashboard where pieces of shattered mirror were lying.

Everything was damaged.

"Hey, Brit!" my voice was feeble as I called her.

As I spoke I unknowingly tasted my own blood. The metallic taste really made me puke.

"Brit!" I called her once again, hoping this time she'll reply.

No response came.

I shook her, but seemed like she was unconscious.

I saw blood dripping from her head.

I finally heard other sounds, sound of Ambulance and chattering of people.

Before I could do anything, everything in front of me started getting dark.

"Bring this girl here." a doctor said to a guy and commanded, "take the other girl in the surgery ward, she's badly hurt."

Everything was happening so fast. My body was laid on a stretcher that kept on moving and seemed like it's moving to a never ending destination.

I looked at the ceiling, lights kept on passing, one after and other, but the stretcher didn't come to a halt.

I moaned with pain.

Before I knew it, I passed out once again.

The constant beeping of ECG machine and the uneasy bed woke me up.

I opened my eyes in a dark room, covered with needles.

I was surely in a disgusting place - a hospital because I could smell the weird medicines and stuff.

I tried to get up, but I couldn't. I could barely move. I tried harder and removed a needle from my body.