Chapter 12

A/N: Hi everyone. This was quite an interesting chapter to write, but also difficult at times. It required a lot of thought, but if you enjoy it, then it would have all been worth while!

Please enjoy and don’t forget to comment and vote; I’d be really interested to know what you think about this chapter.

‘To do what is right’

Chapter 12

Number 12 Grimmauld Place was deserted- since last being there, it seemed it had hardly been touched even though Yaxley knew exactly where it was having hitched a ride on Hermione’s robes from the Ministry months ago. Hoping that no one would disturb them now that Voldemort was defeated, Hermione and Harry double checked the many floors before securing the place with every protective spell they knew they then settled side by side on the couch.

Once Harry and Hermione were seated, all they could do was stare at the envelope that Harry had refused to put down until that moment. Without really knowing for certain, they both had a feeling that whatever was inside had something to do with Professor Snape. Then taking a deep breath, Harry slowly opened the envelope, his palms sweating, his hands almost shaking as he held his breath as he pulled out two pieces of parchment.

Opening them gently, Harry began to read, but moved the paper a little closer to Hermione so she could read it too.

The Will and testament of Severus Snape

Professor Severus Snape has officially notified the Ministry of Magic that upon his death he wishes for all of his property contained within the confines of his home at Spinner’s End to be, henceforth, the property of Mr. Harry James Potter.

Harry slowly turned to stare at Hermione who was already watching him: everything Professor Snape owned was now… his? He couldn’t quite believe it and given that Hermione was already at the end of the page, Harry continued to see what else Severus had decided to surprise him with.

Professor Snape has further stated that he wishes for his belongings that reside at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to be given to the school as well as the potions and ingredients that he stores in his laboratory at Spinner’s End.

And so the first page continued stating the laws under which the Will had been created, assuring its reader that the above were Professor Snape’s intentions and so on. Harry was expecting the second page to be similar, but he was quite wrong.

The following is addressed to Mr. Harry James Potter. In the event of Professor Snape’s death, it is the order of the Ministry of Magic and the deceased that the following be given to Mr. Harry Potter.

Warning: If you are not Mr. Harry Potter or within the presence of the stated, then refrain from reading further.

Dear Harry,

I suspect that reading this must have come as a surprise to you, for although he have been on more friendlier terms of recent, I think few would have expected that I would have wished for most of my property to be given to you. Nevertheless, up until this moment the only individual alive to have known such an intention was the ministry official who had the opportunity to read this document in order to certify my intentions.

Powerful magic has been placed on his piece of parchment. I hope you are in a private location with few others around you, for what you are about to receive are both private and unique.

Harry’s eyes widened and again he turned to Hermione, who forced herself to stop reading in order to look back at her friend. What private and unique objects could Severus be referring to?