Chapter 7

A/N: Hi everyone! Once again you will recognize some of the dialogue from the canon. These parts were not of my creation and are the property (as is almost everything in this fanfic except some of the plotline) of JK Rowling. Enjoy!!!

To do what is right

Chapter 7

“Is it time?” Harry asked Hermione, who was looking solemn.

Hermione nodded without saying anything. Harry knew what was bothering her: there was no sign of Ron and no communication from him at all. Not that Harry cared; Ron abandoned them after all, but at the same time, he still missed his best friend and knew Hermione did too. But what hope did Ron have in finding them again, even if he tried? They had been stationary for a week and it was now time to move for the second time since Ron left; the more they moved, the less likely Ron would find them and Harry could tell that Hermione was losing hope.

Putting his arm around her, Harry and Hermione held hands, all their possessions with them, as the latter Apparated the pair of them to a new location. Once they landed in a very nice, however isolated forest, Hermione began to open her beaded bag to set up the tent.

“Where are we?” Harry asked hesitantly, unsure how emotional Hermione was feeling at present.

“The Forest of Dean,” she replied sharply, her head still buried in the bag extracting the tent poles.

“Hermione, I am really sorry about Ron-”

Hermione’s head turned to stare at him. After a pause, she said:

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” she said firmly.

She’s in denial, Harry said to himself rather sadly. He loved Hermione for everything she had done for him and for being such an amazing friend, that it pained him to see her so upset and depressed.

That night, Harry was sitting in front of the tent again, doing his usual watch. Hoping that tomorrow Hermione would be a little happier, Harry was going to suggest to her that they call for Phineas Nigellus again to tell him where they have moved. So in the mean time, Harry was envisaging what would happen when he finally got to see Severus again.

Snapping out of his reverie at the sound of his name been called, Harry sat bolt upright, listening with all his might. He was certain that someone had said his name, but thought that perhaps it was just his imagination and besides, Severus wouldn’t be stupid enough to call for him like that and also, Severus didn’t even know where they were staying.

Harry was drifting in and out of sleep an hour later, but a white-silvery light immediately made him alert.

Not quite believing what he was seeing, Harry leapt up and quickly roused Hermione to tell her what he had seen. Groggy, but conscious, Hermione said she would come with Harry, but the latter insisted that she stay behind in case something happened to the tent. She reluctantly agreed, but got up anyway to sit at the entry to the tent.

“What if something happens to you?” she asked urgently.

Harry smiled. “I’ll be okay, Professor Snape is watching over me.”

He left Hermione’s wand with its owner and made to progress alone towards the beautiful doe that was waiting for him.

As he began to approach, the doe turned around and began to walk away from Harry, evidently she, or rather Severus, wanted him to follow his Patronus. After about five minutes of walking, the doe disappeared and it was only then that Harry realised how dark the forest was. Beginning to panic when he realised he could no longer see and didn’t have a wand on him to find Severus properly, Harry heard a voice very close to him whisper: “Lumos.”