Chapter 1

'To do what is right'

Written by bumblebee_5n4p3 aka bumblebee88888

Original story published at: www.fanfiction.net\/u\/1369715\/bumblebee88888

Acknowledgement of cover art: Sailorangi http://sailorangi.deviantart.com/art/Lily-Evans-and-Severus-Snape-25720609

A Harry Potter fanfiction based on the Children's book series by JK Rowling. 

Disclaimer: The rights to all of the Harry Potter characters, the magical world and the Harry Potter cannon on which I have based this story were created and are strictly owned by JK Rowling. Although a majority of the plot line has been created by me, the characters, settings, spells etc were created by JK Rowling. Therefore, the plot lines and dialogue depicted in this story are of my own creation, and are not to be copied/pasted onto other websites or used without my expressed written permission. Therefore, all rights to this story are my own (with much thanks to JK Rowling for creating such a magical world), so please don’t plagiarise my hard work :) Thank you!

 Author's note: This story was originally posted as one 153 page chapter! I have now split it up into individual chapters so it is easier for people to read. I hope you enjoy my story (it is complete), and please, please vote and comment- you cannot imagine how much i appreciate it!

Chapter 1

Harry's heart was pounding against his chest. He supposed he should have expected the Weasley's wedding to be crashed, but the image of Kingsley's lynx and his assertion that the ministry had fallen had created a new sense of fear in Harry that he couldn't escape from. Realising that the only reason why the Death Eaters had arrived at the Weasleys' was to find him, an immense weight of guilt fell upon Harry: he knew he had to leave, now was the time, but it pained him to have everybody else suffer because of him- because of who he is: The Chosen one. 

Harry wasn't thinking straight, but thankfully for him, Hermione had the situation under control. She had found both Harry and Ron and was dragging them to a space large enough to Apparate. As they were pushing through Death Eaters, guests and Weasleys alike, Hermione turned to her right and asked Harry urgently: 

"Where do you want to go, Harry?"  

But Harry hardly heard her, his eyes were glued to all the people he was passing, people he was leaving behind as he was about to Apparate to safety, leaving the Weasleys- people he loved- to clean up the mess his presence had ultimately caused. 

"Harry!" Hermione yelled as best she could through her teeth in order to muffle the assertion of his name. 

Taking one last glance at the beautiful decorations, the many overturned tables and chairs and after locking eyes with Ginny for what he hoped would not be the final time, Harry said "Grimmauld Place," his heart sinking when he watched the Weasleys disappear before him. 

Having faced the ghostly, dust figure of Albus Dumbledore and searched the place to make sure no one else was there, except Kreacher of course, Harry, Ron and Hermione retired to the kitchen and tried to discuss what they were going to do next. But none of them said a word: they couldn't speak- fear consumed them; fear for the safety of the Weasleys and the others at the wedding. 

A message from Mr Weasley via his Patronus set Harry, Ron and Hermione's anxiety at ease knowing that everyone was okay, freeing up their minds to think of a plan. They knew they couldn't stay in Grimmauld Place long, it was a spur of the moment decision on Harry's behalf to go there. Knowing that Snape is on Voldemort's side, he could enter the building whenever he wished, but nevertheless Harry, Ron and Hermione hoped that they would be safe for now. The topic of discussion for the most part was the Horcruxes. Ron and Hermione kept referring to Harry, asking him where he thought the Horcruxes were, especially the locket. But Harry was not the least bit helpful, which made Hermione, especially, very frustrated. But Harry was not focusing on their discussion; he had two things on his mind. Although there was no one else in the house but them, he noticed that paper had been strewn all over Sirius' old bedroom and some things looked out of place. A half of a photo and the second half of a letter Lily wrote to Sirius were missing which puzzled Harry immensely. When he mentioned this to his friends, they both asserted that the order may have had to pack up quickly and leave the location once they discovered Snape was working for Voldemort, but Harry didn't quite believe them; it still didn't explain the missing pieces of his mother's memory.