Ch.2: No Regrets

We just dropped Jordan off at school and were on our way to my school, it only 7:40am so I'll probably have some time to go chill in the music room 'fore classes start. My mom is going on and on about all the good times me and Que had, I'm really staring to get annoyed she acts like I don't remember all this stuff and I really don't want to talk about it. I mean its hard to remember someone when it only hurts you more to think of all the good times you had together knowing you can never get them back

Ma: Oh and remember when we went to Disney World when yall were little and Jacquees got his head stuck in one of the little rides trying to help Jordan! *laughs*

Me: *groans* Yes Ma I remember

Will she ever stop!?

Ma Oh and remember the time when *G.C.O*

Me: Yes Ma I remember everything that I did with Jacquees can you just shutup already!?

Ma: Now who do you think you raisin your voice at little girl!?!

Me: *sighs* I'm sorry Ma I was just getting tired of hearing all the stories when I really don't want to think about him

Ma: Well why not baby?

Me: Its just... would you ever want to remember someone who straight up just walked out of your life without even giving you a legit reason for not talking to you?

Ma: Well I see your point but you just can't hold a grudge against him like this you'll have to talk to him sometime Nicki

Me: I know but right now I just don't feel like talking about it

Ma: But I just hate seeing you get all upset every time you even hear his name! You say it doesn't bother but I can tell by the look on your face that you're still hurt by what he did

Me: Ma I'm fine! Trust me! I'll be okay

We pull up to the school and I grab my backpack about to step out the car until I think and turn around to do something...

Ma: What is it *G.C.O*

Me: *kisses her on the cheek and hugs her* I love you Ma and thanks for caring

Ma: Baby I always will and I love you too, now hurry up and get out my car 'fore you make me late for work

I laugh and step out the car and begin to walk towards the building, I'm only about 2 inches from grabbing the door handle to go inside cause you know its cold as hell out here so I don't have the time to be standing out here socializing like the rest of these people until someone grabs my arm and yanks me in the opposite direction. I'm about to punch the sh*t out of whoever this is until I look up and realize its my younger cousin Bree. Now let me tell yall about Bree 'fore I move on with the story, Her real name is Eashae (Ash-shay) but she goes by the short version of her middle name, Breaunna so you know we call her Bree. She's 16 years old and is a senior here at Towers high with me, I know she must be hella smart to be a 16 and graduating from highschool, me and Bree met when I was 13 and she was 11, it took her awhile for her to adjust to me being apart of the family but soon we became like bestfriends not even that it felt like we were blood sisters. Bree does have a story though too, she grew up in the projects with her mom in LA but they moved back here to ATL after soon becoming homeless due to her mom losing her job after being caught sneaking drugs during work. It turns out that Bree's mom had an addiction to cocaine and would sell it just to make some extra cash to pay the bills, now Bree's father she has no idea who the hell he is. When her mom got arrested and was sent to rehab my mom flew her back out here and she lived with us for a couple of months until our grandmother finally made enough room in her house to take her in. I sort of think of think me and Bree can really relate to each other cause we both got some f*cked up parents but atleast I have a mom she doesn't have anybody! She's funny, lovable, energetic, crazy and just a fun person to be around. She's that type of person to bring you up when you're feeling down.