Chapter 1

"Mobius, you aren't stable anymore." Spoke the old judge as he flicked through a folder full of papers. "Just this month, you've started two fires, assaulted one person, who, lucky for you, isn't pressing charges, and you've been caught at the children's park, where you know you aren't allowed to be. Unfortunately, it looks like we will have to take you back to the asylum. The medicine isn't suppressing any of your schizophrenic behaviors."

Mobius slammed his hands down on the table and his wicked grin turned into a snarl. The armed policemen rushed to his side and ordered him to calm down.

"This can't be it!" Mobias yelled. "There has to be something else I can do!"

"Well..." The judge spoke with a sigh, "there is one thing we can try."

Mobias watched the judge intently as he explained.

"If, by the end of the month, you can find a caregiver, someone to watch over you at all times and control your behavior, I suppose we can keep you from the asylum. But... One slip up... And you're out of here.. I don't want so much as a single noise complaint coming from you."

"Fine! I can do it. I'll find someone. I know I can."

"That's settled. By July 31st, you are to have someone. You'll bring them here at 12:30 in the afternoon so we can make sure they're fit for this job. Case adjourned. You are dismissed."

Mobias left the courthouse and headed home. As soon as he got there, he changed into a pair of dark black jeans, and threw on a black leather jacket with nothing underneath and left it unzipped. He brushed his hair back and smiled at himself in the mirror. "It's showtime" he spoke with an ominous glow about him.

He picked up his phone and quickly dialed the number of his best friend, Clyde. Clyde picked up rather quickly and they began to talk.

"So, are they sending you back to the asylum? We can't have that. We can't run this gang ourselves."

"Don't worry Clyde, I have a way out of it. But I'm gonna need to borrow one of your girls."

"My call girls? I don't understand. You've always hated them. Why the sudden interest?"

"I need a companion. Someone who can control my mind. Someone to keep me grounded. I can't just go get anyone off the street. I know your girls are fucked in the head. They could be perfect."

"Alright. Head on over then. I'll line up a few that I think you may like."

Mobias hung up the phone and jumped into his car, making the 45 minute drive to Clyde's secluded mansion in the woods. When he arrived, Clyde's butler let him in and led him to the basement where the call girls were kept. It was dark and dirty in the basement. Just like the lives of each of these girls.

Clyde has 14 girls in total. Most of them have been snatched from the streets over the past few years. In return for Clyde not killing them, they work as prostitutes for the gangs clients. Some of the girls came to live with Clyde because they had nowhere else to go. These girls were the pretty ones. He would often let them upstairs to cook and clean up after him. Those girls were his trophies.

Clyde had 4 girls lined up for Mobias to chose from.

The first girl was Maria. She had long dark brown hair and brown eyes. Mobias didn't really have any interest in her. He had met her a few months back when she tried to escape from the mansion and Clyde caught her by knocking her out with a baseball bat to the head. She was being punished up until Mobias had called.

The second girl was Lilith. She had shoulder length blonde hair and brown eyes. She was stick thin and super tall. Mobias didn't like her appearance.

The third girl was Josie. Mobias had some interest in her. She was a little shorter than average height for a girl. She had light brown hair and pretty blue eyes. She was thin, but still had enough meat on her bones for his liking. She seemed sweet. She kept her head down, only peeking up for a moment when Mobias stood in front of her. He put his finger under her chin and tilted her head up so she was looking up at him. After examining her face for a few moments, he moved on to the next girl.

The last girl was Harley. A small smirk spread across his face when he saw her and her cheeks went red. She was no taller that 5'1. She had curly blonde hair that had red and blue tips. Her skin was ghostly pale and her eyes were the most vibrant green that he had ever seen. She was a lot smaller, weight wise, than what he wanted. But that was an easy fix. He couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"Clyde, where did you get this one?"

"Oh, Harley?" Clyde chuckled. "I don't know where she came from. I woke up one day and Lilith came and told me there was a girl at the door. She doesn't talk. So I don't know where she came from. She seems to be very... Fragile." Clyde said with a concerned look on his face.

" I'll take her. She's perfect."

"Alright. Harley, are you going to go with Mr.J without a fight? Or am I going to have to tie you up again."

Harley smiled and shrugged. She was playful. She was exactly what Mobias needed.

Clyde packed Harley's bag and put it in Mobias' trunk. He let out a loud laugh when Mobias came out of the house with Harley thrown over his shoulder. She was kicking and screaming but Mobias wasn't phased. He was used to this.

The ride home was mostly quiet. Mobias would try to ask Harley questions, but was only met with a blank stare. After the long ride, Mobias was irritated. He wanted this girl to talk to him. He just wanted to know she had a voice. He picked her up out of the car and carried her into his house and sat her on the couch.

"Do you want something to eat?"

No reply

Mobias lost his temper and roughly grabbed Harley's face, jerking her head so she was looking him in the eyes.

"Harley dear," he said with a scarily calm voice. "They make my call me the joker, but I'm not fucking playing these games, do you understand me?"

No reply

He grabbed her by her throat and forcefully pinned her to the couch. Tears streamed down her face as she tried to squirm away from him. She gasped for air as her vision started to go black. Within minutes, she had slipped from consciousness.

When she woke up, Mobias was sitting in the chair across from her with his hands folded in his lap.

"Harley dear, are you going to answer me now?"

"Y...yes sir... "She spoke out in a tiny squeak.

Good girl Harley, that's a very good girl.