Chapter XXXI ~ Ian ~ The Cooper Clan

Hi everyone,

I typed most of this up today, so sorry if it's a little rough. I'm juggling this story, work, school, exams, drama and music at the moment! I really hope I'll be able to get a chapter up next week, I'll do my absolute best, but I'm rehearsing every night for a production.

Thanks for all your continued support- you guys' comments and votes mean so much to me! Thank you for everything, you're all legends :3 <3

Have an amazing week! It's time to get Christmassy soon...(even though it's summer in this story, hehe...)

much love,

-fluffie xox <3

Chapter 31 {would you believe it?}

Ian Hecox

{No song}

The moment that the car stopped, Misty shot out my car like a bullet and in a blink, I swear she'd already latched herself onto her mum, and then hugged her dad and brother tightly. Baxter, their dog received sloppy kisses. I nodded at Anthony, and we both got out the car.

I was insanely nervous. I'd vented a bit to Misty in the car, but seriously- this situation made me feel so anxious. I just knew her parents would absolutely hate me, find me too old, too immature, too risky. And that hate situation. It definitely wasn't going to go down well announcing that there was a hate page for Misty with already over 15K followers after a week. It was thanks to me that Misty had ended up in that situation. They'd probably just about allow us to be roommates, maybe. But would they insist we break up? I couldn't imagine myself without Misty now. We were so close, we laughed together, cried together and loved together.

I shooed away those troublesome thoughts and focused on making myself the best I could be, and as soon as Misty's family acknowledged me, I beamed and approached them to introduce myself as politely as humanly possible.

'Hi!' me and Anthony both said enthusiastically.

'Okay, so mum, dad, Stan,' Misty said to her family. 'These are Ian and Anthony, my roomies.' I took the first move and went over to shake Misty's dad's hand.

'Great to meet you, I'm Rob,' Rob introduced himself.

'Ian. It's great to finally meet the family.'

Anthony had already greeted and kissed Misty's mom on the cheek, so we did the awkward swap, so that I could greet Misty's mom. She introduced herself as Cissy, again, and I introduced myself yet again. I finally shook Stan's hand.

'Nice to meet you guys,' he said. 'I think I recognize you from somewhere...probably Misty's facebook!'

'She's posted photos?' I asked.

'You made it to the profile picture award!'

I smiled, and then laughed a little too falsely, probably overdoing the friendliness a little.

'No way! I haven't been on facebook in ages, I'll have to have a look,' I said, whilst giving Baxter a quick rub behind his ears. He hummed in pleasure.

After some brief chit-chat about the journey, I escorted them to my car and packed their cases into the  trunk,  before I realised my crucial mistake.

There were 5 seats. There were 6 of us. Plus a dog. Shit.

I put my head in my hands and groaned in exasperation.