Chapter 14: Trusting the Bulgarian Bon-Bon

"What do you mean that meant nothing?" Whispered Ginny. "Obviously you meant something by it Ron."

"I-I-I didn't mean anything by it Gin now leave me alone." Ron grunted moving towards the staircase.

"Nope!" Ginny yelled running after her brother. "I will not be leaving you alone. You just called her your girl. You've got to explain this." Ginny said folding her arms across her chest as she jumped ahead of Ron and blocked him from going up the stairs. Ron looked up at his baby sister. She had grown much over the last year, they all did. Ron sighed, turned around and sat on the stairs, Ginny sat above him. "Now talk."

"She just, how can she be with him Gin? It was supposed to be just her, Harry and me." Ron said sounding almost defeated.

"Ahem!" Ginny interrupted. "Are you forgetting someone?" Ron let a small smile cross his face and nudged his sister.

"Yeah Gin, but you know that when it comes to the end you can't be there with us. It has to just be us three, the same way it started." Ron said looking out of the window. He was remembering what happened their first year at Hogwarts. How he sacrificed himself so Harry and Hermoine could go forward. How Hermione so excellently deciphered which potions were poison while helping Harry obtain the Sorcerer's Stone. How brave Harry was even after he faced Voldemort. Ron sighed and began. "Gin, it's only going to get worse isnt it?"

"Worse than making a fool of yourself? You do that every time you open your mouth." Ginny said trying to get Ron to laugh.

"I'm serious Gin." 

"Don't be, leave that to Percy and Bill." 

"What do you think Hermoine is going to do?"

"About?" Ginny asked. Ron glared at her. "Oh. Well, she's Hermoine. You know she's not just going to abandon you and Harry."

"She went to Bulgaria with him."

"I went to Bulgaria because I was choosing myself." Hermione said interrupting the siblings. Ron's eyes widened and his heart began to race. He stood up quickly and folded his arms across his chest. She was holding Viktor's hand when she walked in. "Ronald," she said motioning towards him. "This war, all of this, it is much larger than just us." Ron shrugged his shoulders and moved to the window. Hermoine looked to Ginny wanting her friend to give them some space. Ginny nodded and left to the kitchen. Viktor stood behind. "Viktor darling," Hermoine said turning around. 

"Oh. Dah." Viktor said realizing that the young witch wanted to be alone with the red head. He turned and followed Ginny into the kitchen. 

"Ronald.." Hermoine said. "You can't be like this Ron, not with Voldemort being back." Ron stood their, silent. "Ronald Bilius Weasley!" She yelled. "You are going to start talking because Harry needs us and the last thing he needs is you acting like a petulant child!"

"I'm the child Mione?" Ron yelled turning around. "You're the one who took a vacation. You left us!"  

"Left you? Ron, you barely talked to me last year! You ignored Harry for almost two months before the first task! It wasn't until you saw the dragons that you realized how ignorant you were acting and even then you would not apologize! Ronald you left me alone! Alone to deal with both you and Harry. Between classes, helping Harry with his tasks and keeping you two apart I was the one who was alone and no one cared! No one except Viktor!"

-O-

Viktor and Ginny sat in the kitchen listening to the entire conversation never saying a word to one another. Viktor heard what Hermione said and smiled with pride. He always knew that Ron and Harry but Hermione's feelings at the end of their to-do lists but, he never heard her say it.