Chapter 13: Weasley's Wage War

Bellowing a battle cry the youngest Weasley boy dropped his pastry and ran at the 6 foot tall Bulgarian in hopes of hurting him. Ron ran at Viktor and knocked him off of his feet. Viktor was used to taking hits like that on the Quidditch pitch so it did not hurt but, he could feel the immense anger coming from Ron. On the Quidditch pitch players were not trying to hurt him, their bigger objective was winning but, for Ron it was different. His objective was to hurt the Bulgarian brute. Ron mounted Viktor and began pummeling him. Punching him first in the gut and sides then in the face. Viktor had enough when Ron punched him in the lip and it burst with blood. He shoved Ron off with all of his might and sent him stumbling onto the sofa. 

"Had enough yet?" Ron spat.

"Ha." Viktor laughed getting himself up off of the floor and wiping his mouth with his hand. "Is that all you haff Weasel?" Viktor said with a darkness in his voice.

"WEASEL?!" Ron yelled and ran towrads Viktor once more. This time Viktor moved to the side and grabbed Ron by the shoulder and forced him to the ground. It was the Viktor's turn to do the hurting until he heard a familiar voice.

"Viktor!" Hermione yelled. "What in the bloody hell are you doing to Ron?" She ran to the men and pushed Viktor off of the Weasley boy, helped him up and tried to brush him off. 

"Let's go Krumy! Want to hurt my girl?!" Ron said it without even thinking, his anger or jealousy, he did not know which, got the best of him. Hermione's eyes widened and heart began to race even faster than it was before she entered the turmoil. 

"Vhat?" Viktor breathed heavily. His face was scrunched in both confusion and hurt. "Your girl?" He asked. Hermione could sense the hurt in Viktor's voice. After seeing him after completing tasks for the Tri-Wizard tournament and hours of studying in the library during the school year Hermione knew what an exhausted, frustrated and hurt Viktor sounded like. Krum was not a man of many emotions, he did not express them but, if you listened they way Hermione did it would be easy to know what he was feeling. Hermione turned to look at Viktor she had almost forgot the fight they had before she left to The Burrow. "She is not your girl. If she vas she vould not be spending her holiday vith me!" Viktor said through his teeth edging closer to Ron. 

"Excuse you?" Hermione said shooting Viktor a nasty glare. "I am no one's possession. And if that is what you think of me Viktor then you have no business here." Folding her arms across her chest she waited for the Bulgarian's retort but, none came. Viktor lowered his head and put his wand away. 

"Yeah! Get out of here!" Ron said holding his shoulder. Viktor raised his head and went to attack the Weasley boy before he was hit from behind by another ginger.

"Want to hit--" said Fred.

"Our little brother--" George said finishing his twin brother's sentence. 

"Ay Krumy?"  The twins questioned in unison. Viktor moved his hand to his pocket and retrieved his wand. His blood was boiling but, not from anger from pain. He could not believe that his beloved would say something like that. At least not to him. He heard the stories about Hermione's bravery and wit when it came to defending her self and others against nasty Slytherin's but, it was the first time that some of that wit and anger was geared towards him. He did not know of any other way to handle it but, the Weasley twins gave him a perfect way to. While he would not use magic on the youngest Weasley boy he would use it on the twins. 

"Expelliarmus!" Yelled George. 

With a sly smile that only Fred and George Weasley posses the twins sent Viktor flying up against the crooked brick wall that outlined the Weasley fireplace. The entire house shook, it was after all the Burrow but, it could take a beating. Years of Weasley family fights and fiascoes Viktor groaned as he fell to the floor. Feeling a burning sensation in his side he stood himself up to only fall back down.