17.) Forks high school

I kept on wondering if I made the right choice. But there's no turning back now. It was 7:20 A.M., I gotta get to school. At least be around people. I walked there, I'm not wasting any money on a car or gas. And besides, the school is about a ten minute walk for humans. I looked at my schedule: health, AP history, Calculus, Chemistry, English, and gym. Darn.

All the classes were easy because I took them during my human life. I was kind of a nerd back then. Lunch was after Chemistry, it was good because I needed more time to think. I sat at a small table alone, I didn't want any contact whatsoever with these pathetic mortals. I looked to my right, oh my god. It was Renesmee Cullen. I remember her from a few years back. She looked back at me. She must have recognized me. She was also with a tall, tan, dark haired guy. Renesmee kept staring at me and it was really starting to annoy me. "Why don't you take a picture, it'll last longer.", I said. That was mean, but I already had enough on my plate.

Just then, she came over and sat in front of me. She's not very smart. "Hi!", she said cheerfully,"I'm Renesmee, this is my boyfriend Jacob. I remember you. Weren't you from the Volturi?"  She was awfully cheerful and energetic considering I came to kill her several years back. "Yes...", I began,"but I left...for now. By the way, your boyfriend should read the signs outside of school. 'no dogs allowed'." Jacob was getting angry. I need to stop being so mean. "Hey!", Renesmee said,"Don't be mean to him!"

She was right. I was being very rude,"I'm sorry to both of you", I began,"I've just had a lot of stress on my plate."  She looked at my sympathetically,"What's wrong? You can tell us." Well there's no harm, so I told them,"The Volturi isn't me. They're a bunch of sadists and I'm not. I don't belong there. The only reason I joined in the first place was because Alec changed me." My heart ached thinking about Alec. "Well", Jacob began,"Where are you staying?"  I eyed him,"I'm in an apartment."  Renesmee beamed,"oh my gosh! You could stay with my family and I." 

"No!", I quickly said,"Aro will kill all of you. He warned me saying he'll do absolutly anything to get me back in his coven. I'm not going to sacrifice your lives just for mine. I'm not THAT cruel."  Jacob and Renesmee looked at eachother. "I'm Scarlett, by the way.", I said breaking the silence.  "Well Scarlett," Jacob began,"You don't seem very happy here either. There's something you liked about those bloodsuckers in Volterra."

"Don't call them bloodsuckers," I began,"But there is something I miss...Alec. I love him."  Renesmee looked upset,"You know for love, you should be able to do absolutly anything for them. Maybe you should go back to Alec. Can't he come here?"  I did a fake laugh,"Aro said he'll make our lives a living hell if I bring him here. And I don't want him to give up his sister either. She's important to him." 

The bell rang to end lunch. "Just follow your heart.", Renesmee said. Yes 'follow me heart'. My dead heart.

The last few hours of school went by very slow. Gym was my last hour and it was pretty dull. Well, for me, considering I don't get tired. We ran the mile today. I tried to run as normal as possible. I tried to get a seven minute mile, but did it in five instead. The teacher offered my a place in varsity track, but I declined. This one boy, David, looked me up and down after class. "Hey," he said.  "hi.", I said with no emotion whatsoever.  "I see you're new here.", he replied smuggly. "Good job, Sherlock.", I mumbled angrily. He was flirting with me and I didn't like it AT ALL! "So...", he began hesitantly,"You have a boyfriend."  Ok, I wanted to kill him. He just met me and now he wanted to ask me out. "yes!", I said rather loudly. I walked away. 

Right now, I think I'd rather be in Volterra instead of Forks.

Author's note: HAPPY HOLIDAYS GUYS! <333333333