13.) Breaking point

Chapter 13: breaking point

It's been about 5 years since I've been living here.  But something about it feeled so wrong.  I didn't really understand what it was.  I mean, the Volturi was everything I've always wanted.  A family, and Alec.  Someone who I loved. So what was making me so unhappy?

I was walking down the halls of the castle reminiscing in my thoughts. I was walking for about 15 minutes, before Alec walked up behind me,"Good morning, beautiful.", he said kissing my cheek.  "Good morning, Alec.", I said putting on the brightest smile I could.  He frowned,"Scarlett, for the past few weeks, you've seemed to be a little...depressed. Is everything ok?"  I didn't know what to say next because I honestly didn't even know the answer. Something was bothering me, but I couldn't place my finger on it. Was I missing my family? "Honestly Alec, I have absolutly no idea about anything right now. I mean I should be happy over here, but there's something not right about it. Maybe I miss my family?", I said hopefully. Alec put his lips to my neck,"I was like that when I first joined the Volturi. But I got over it. Hopefully you will too.... I would do anything to make you happy again."  This. I can't believe I was so upset when I had Alec. He cared and loved me so much. And I shared the same feelings, but I have a feeling that my problem isn't about Alec. 

"I love you so much.", I said kissing him.  "I love you.", he replied.  He walked away, it was feeding time for them anyway. I went and sat in the waiting room. Heidi came in with about 25 people. I waved and put a fake smile on my face. It's a shame they didn't know they were about to die. Thirty or so minutes I waited in the room. It was so boring and I wanted to keep on moving. My thoughts were clustering my mind and I needed to keep on moving to get them out of my mind. I got up off my feet and walked into the throne room.  I thought they were done feeding.  Boy was I wrong. 

When I went back into the throne room the corpses were scattered everywhere. I covered my mouth to keep from screaming. Why? Why was I so upset about this when I've been living here for five years? I knew what they did, but something snapped inside of me after I saw this. Probably because I have never actually seen the killed humans.  I ran back to my room. The bloody humans were pasted into my mind and I would never be able to get the horrid image out of my mind. I sat in the corner of my room for another thirty minutes. This is NOT me. The Volturi is NOT me.  None of it is me. Why am I still here?! I sure as hell shouldn't be. The volturi is full of sadistic monsters and I did not belong here.  Alec's face popped into my mind, he was the only reason I was staying. I loved him too much to leave.  And I've grown so close with everyone else in the coven. But I can't do this.

I have to leave Volterra.

Author's note: What do you guys think??? I'm adding some conflicts to spice up the story line. Keep reading if ya wanna know what happens next. <333333