7.) Deep down in our history

Chapter 7: Deep down in our history

I waited while the other four went to hunt...for humans.  Alec wasn't a vegetarian, but that's ok with me. He's been this way for who knows how long and I won't have him change for me.  I hate when every girls makes her guys change everything about him.  I would never do that to Alec. I'm just not that type of person.

Soon enough, they came. I was starving and the burning in my throat was excruciating.  I've hadn't had any blood ever since yesterday.  As soon as I saw Alec, I quickly grabbed his hand and we ran as fast as we could to the woods.  I quckly took down two deer and a rabbit.  The burning in my through soon stopped. 

Alec was leaning against a tree and was smirking at me,"You done?", he asked.  "Done with hunting? Yes. Done with you? never.", I said smiling.  He looked at me, the smirk not leaving his face.  He was amazing in every single way to me.  I'd never want to let him go.  Then I noticed his eyes,"So I'm guessing your eyes turn red when you drink blood?"  "yes.", he said,"but only if you drink human blood.  You're a vegetarian, so your eyes will soon turn into a yellow-topaz color."  "oh," I began,"Tell me about your human life...I've been with the Volturi for more than a month, but I feel like I know absolutely nothing about you."  This question may seem a little random, but I'm just so curious.

Alec's eyes narrowed, "It's not something I like to talk about...but I'll tell you. I was born 800 A.D., it was me, my sister, and my parents. Well technically my mother. My dad was a Frankish soldier and he died in battle.  My mother couldn't take this and she died of a heartbreak.  Jane and I were left to fend for ourselves.  I began working and Jane began to cook.  Apparently our powers were noticable even when we were human.  People said they felt numb whenever I looked at them or a pinching feeling when Jane looked at them.  They began to think we were witches.  Word go around and we were soon declared to be burned on the stake...The whole time, I just wanted to get away from the pain.  Jane was so furious at each and every person who lived in the village.  Aro said that's why I take away peoples' senses and Jane inflicts the pain.  The pain she felt when she was slowly being burned to death. By the time he found us, we were half-alive, but he somehow still managed to save us..." 

I could sense the pain Alec was feeling and I felt guilty that I asked. I couldn't believe it.  Alec and Jane both had such dark and traumatic pasts.  Who could blame them for being so sadistical?! I sure couldn't.

I reached out and grabbed his cold hands.  He lifted his head to look at me. "Alec...", I began,"I'm so sorry about everything you had to go through.  It was dark and horrible, but it's over now. You have a new family....you have me. I won't go anywhere. I promise."  He looked at me and smiled, and took my hand and pressed it against his lips. They were ice cold, but it still felt amazing. "I don't know how long I've waited for you.", he said with a smirk.  If I were still a human, My face would be so red, "You're over 1000 years old and you only noticed me."  "I wanted to wait for just the right one...tell me about your human life, Scarlett."

I didn't want to talk about it AT ALL, but my story isn't nearly as bad as Alec's.  He told me his, I owe it to him. 

"Well," I began,"When I was thirteen years old, I was adopted. I was finally happy then. I think of them as my REAL family because they always loved me and cared for me...but my birth family...abused me..."

Alec put his arm around me,"It's ok, you don't have to talk about it."  I looked at him thankfully,"no, it's alright. I want to tell you."

So, I continued,"When I was ten years old, my dad came home...he lost his job. I ran downstairs to hug him...but...he grabbed me by the throat and said to me 'I would have been fine, but YOU came along.'  and he began to strangle me.  He only stopped me when I was losing consciousness.  My mom died when I was only three years old, by a car crash.  I had no siblings. No one who I could talk to or share my feelings with.  My dad came home every day finding new ways to torture me.  He slapped me, punched me, and even kicked me if I forgot to do even the simplest of things, like forgetting to clean our dishes.  I was his little slave.  I did everything around the house except work. I'd cook and clean.  And if I did everything right, I would go to bed without any visible scars, but even then, I'd cry myself to sleep every single night." 

I looked up at the sky,"one day...my dad hit his breaking point. He lost his job AGAIN. He hated me. He screamed at me to get downstairs. When I did, my eyes shifted to his hand...which was holding a small army knife,'I hate you, Scarlett. I'm going to end you.'  Those were my father's last words. It was midnight on a Friday.  I ran out of the house as fast as I could, my forehead bleeding.  He easily caught up with me...he covered my mouth and stabbed me in the stomach.  He ran away after taking the knife out of my body.  He left me alone to die.  I was bleeding so much.  But I heard footsteps, a boy saw me.  I didn't know if he was here to finish, but at that moment. I didn't even care.  I didn't want to live anymore. I lied helplessly in my pool of blood.  The next thing I remembered was that I was in a hospital and the boy and his family were next to me.  The boy saw the whole thing. They took me in as my own.  My birth father's still in jail, but I can't believe what he did to me."

I looked down, as I told Alec the most traumatic thing in my life. "oh my god, Scarlett.", Alec embraced me,"I am so sorry. I promise I will never let anyone hurt you again. I'll kill your father."  I tearlessly cried into Alec's shoulder while he kept his arm around me,"No Alec. I'd rather his suffer and rot in prison."

Just then, it began raining and we were drenched in a matter of minutes.  I looked at him and he stared at me with his red eyes that practically glowed in the dark. It was silent for a moment, but then he leaned in and put his lips on mine.

Author's note: what do you guys think?? I used Alec's REAL history that Stephanie Meyer came up with.  Thank you for all the reads, you guys don't know how much it means to me. Vote and comment! <33333333