Chapter Three

KARA's POV
Ive been in my wolf form since I first shifted and that was at least four days ago. Ive been running ever since.

I'm not sure where I am but I know I'm no where near any packs, so I guess that's good. Because I am now a rouge and the last thing I need is to run into some pissed off were when I'm just getting use to my wolf.

I make my way to the edge of the cliff I've been staying on and look up into the sky seeing the full moon and all the stars. I sit and let out a lonely heart broken howl.

~KODA's POV~
"Koda! Come down here son. The girls are here!" My father yells up to me from down stairs.

Rolling my eyes I slip on my black blazer and head down the stairs to meet the girls I'm taking out tonight. Of course none of them are the one I really want. The only girl I'll ever want now is Kara, but she's gone. I haven't told anyone about her because I know the news that I found my mate would get back to my father and then he would send a whole search party out looking for her. And if he found out what she is that would be the end of her.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs im greeted by a mass of nine screaming girls. Taking one last deep breath I force a smile and look them all over.

Every single one of them is wearing some form of really short and low cut dress, which after finding Kara having to look at these girls it disgust me. "Hello ladies! So I have a very special evening planned tonight. And you know tonight three of you will be sent back to your home packs or just back home if you are from my pack."

Before you ask what's going on my dad insisted I do this like I'm on the bachelor or some shit. I take a mass of girls on a date and then send some home each week. Blah blah blah, you know how it goes. I think it's stupid but what ever.

I lead the ladies out to the limo and we head off to the restaurant I have planned for tonight. My favorite Chinese place ever. I just know Kara would like Chinese.

~~~~~~~Midnight~~~~~~
I finally get home from dealing with the girls. Four of them wanted to complain because they didn't know how to use chopsticks, three wanted to bitch about being on some only lettuce diet or some shit, and the last two claimed to be "vegan". Like I'm sorry you are werewolves. You are not on an all lettuce diet nor are you a vegan.

With a loud groan I strip out of my clothes and pad into the bathroom with Kara on my mind for the thousandth time since I met her. I feel heat begin at the base of my groin and for the thousandth time since I met her in hard for my mate. My Kara. I make my way to the shower turning it in high, and hot and step in with my back facing the water? I place one hand on the opposite wall and rap the other around my hard cock and picture that it's Kara jerking me off and not my hand like it's been for the past three days.
KARAS POV
I feel a heat begin to pull in my belly and slowly drop to places ive never even thought of before and I know this isn't my pleasure running through me. It's my mates. My Kodas.

Shaking my head I try to ignore the pleasure coursing through me and I decide to go for a run to help. I stand from where I was laying in a pile of leaves and take off down the mountain through the woods trying to block out Kodas feelings. My mind goes completely blank and I keep running till I realize I'm in a park. A park full of people and they are all staring at me. A wolf, in a public park. Fuck. I slowly crouch down and start to back away but before I can get away I feel a tight rope like thing around my throat tightening to the point it's extremely painful to struggle. I turn and see someone in a dog catchers uniform on the other end of the catch pole. I lay in my belly flattening my ears to my head and looking up at them with the saddest look I can manage. I see his feature soften a bit but I still smell the underline fear he has for me as he should. "I'm sorry bout this girl." He says and starts leading me to his truck.

Once we get to it he opens the door and I jump up into the cage he has. I know what you're thinking, "Kara fight and run! You're a were!!!"

And that is true. I should fight and I should run, but I just can't find the strength to. I mean I really don't want to.

He closes and locks the cage climbing into the front of the truck and we head off to some unknown location. I curl up in a ball and drift off thinking about my Koda and how I wish were a normal werewolf and we could be together.

~~~~~~~~~~
I guess I fell asleep because I'm startled awake by the sound of his truck door slamming shut.

He opens the back and opens the cage door looping a leash around my and helping me out of the truck. He leads me into a big brick building, through a huge metal door. As soon as we step inside I'm greeted by a loud roar of dogs howling and barking and whimpering. I crouch low and slowly follow him till we reach an empty kennel ignoring the sad looking dogs we pass. He opens the door and I walk in, turning around and sitting so he can take the leash off.

"Okay girl, I'll be back with some food and water. And a name card. Gotta give you a name." He says smiling at me and scratching behind my ear.

As he walks away I wander over to the large pillow bed in the back of the kennel and lay dawn. Maybe this will work out in my favor. Being a pet. I was tiered of running and I was getting lonely. Maybe if I get adopted it will be better for my health and physic.

~~~~~Koda's POV~~~~~
I wake with a start, feeling panic prickle my skin. Something's wrong, and I know it's my mate. My Kara. I rise out of bed running over to my closet and start getting dressed as quickly as I can, but just as soon as it started its over.  The panic is gone. And that scares me more than the panic did. What happened to my beautiful Kara?