7. Market

"Kanker!" Bennett yelled and almost threw his phone on the floor, but Trace luckily stopped him. There weren't any cafes nor restaurants opened in Šibenik nor Vodice and we were all desperate. How will we get home?

It was 6 in the morning and we were walking through Šibenik's old streets tired and exhausted. We had two more hours till the boat's leaving the port and we still haven't figured out what we were gonna do.

I was shivering and my eyes were slowly closing each and every second. I had to shake my head so that I wouldn't fall asleep while walking.

Everyone was so quiet but the negative vibe was still fulfilling the crowds. Nobody knew what to do and, I suppose, everyone was scared of their parents because it was so freaking late to come home.

I turned to Danny who was nervously biting his thumbnails and looking at the ground. Poor boy! He was only 13 so I could only imagine what his parents would say when he gets home.

I mean, let's be real... When I was 13, I went to sleep at 9 p.m. and didn't even know what a night club was, especially not going to one.

"Kanker!" Bennett yelled again, making me wonder what that word even means. He was clenching his teeth, looking so dangerous and mysterious which made me scared.

"Kanker jechjeh, hou je mond!" Trace mumbled back at him. They kept arguing in Dutch making all of us even more nervous and confused because no one understood a shit what they were saying.

I put my arms across my chest trying to warm myself up but it wasn't successful. It was so strange how, in summer, days could be so hot and nights so cold.

Mother nature is a bitch.

"I can't walk anymore. I'm exhausted." Danny exclaimed and ran towards the nearest bench, not even letting any of us say something back to him. No one complained.

My eyes caught a very cute sight. Jacob and Silvija were walking really close to each other, their fingers were microscopically touching, and they would exchange a few glances over time.

This made me smile a bit and I could feel warmth inside me because it's not everyday your two best friends like each other.

"Thinking about my sexy body, huh, boterbloem?" Bennett suddenly appeared beside me pushing me with his arm to the ground and out of my thoughts.

What's fucking wrong with him?!? You can't just push a girl to the ground! Fucking manners, idiot!

"Are you insane?!?" I yelled as I was sitting on the ground, still shocked because of what's just happened.

I knew he was a fucking douchebag, but this was something I wouldn't imagine my greatest enemy to do. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but... You know what I mean.

"Wow, boterbloem, I didn't know you were that sensitive." he tried to sound offended and extended his hand to me. I just pushed it away and got up on my own.

"You're a dick, Bennett." I said calmly without even looking at him and started to walk to the bench Danny was sitting on. He smiled at me and tapped at the place on the bench next to him. I sat and sighed, almost hundred percent sure Bennett was looking at me.

"You okay?" Danny asked and hugged me. He was so warm and comfortable to hug. It was just what I needed at the moment.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I said and smiled.

"He can be nice. Just give him time." he said still hugging me. He probably figured out I was cold so he didn't want to let me go. I didn't mind though.

The perks of being chubby- I'm not even sarcastic.

"Sure he can."

"I'm serious. He's my cousin. I know him way better than you do." Danny said, playing with my hair making me smile a little.