5. Boterbloem

He was looking at me like he was giving me a clue about something unfamiliar. He was patiently waiting for me to reply to his unexpected question which made me feel very uncomfortable.

The thing is, he was the hotter one. But I would rather kill myself then admit it to him personally. There was no way I was doing it, so the only thing left was to lie.

But I'm not a person habitual to lying. When I lie, and it's not often, I always feel compunction and that often results with me having an extremely intense panic attack which could cause a heart attack and then I would die, literally.

So,no... I don't like lying at all. But I had to lie this time.

There was no freaking way I would tell him I find him hotter than his brother. No!

"Trace is way hotter than you, Ben." I said not even looking at him and paunched my cigarettes from my purse. I lit one and leaned back to my chair looking around myself tapping my fingers to the counter.

I wasn't an addict, just to make it clear. Actually, I first tried cigarettes on the last day of school which was a month ago, so I couldn't be an addict even if I wanted to. I decided that I'd smoke only during the summer and I was sure it would stay that way because when I decide something then it would be like that, even if I didn't want it to be like that in the end.

"You smoke?!?" Bennett exclaimed and widened his eyelids.

"Yeah... So what? Everyone in Croatia smokes. It's not a big deal..." I said rolling my eyes and doing little dance moves with my arms following the rhythm of the music.

"I'm not judging, babe, I was just asking. Can't a guy be nice without having perverted plans behind it?" he asked and moved himself closer to me, his gaze forcing me to look straight to his eyes, but I didn't want to.

As I said, I'm not doing things without extremely wanting to do them. And right now, looking at him was the last thing I wanted.

"Well, a guy, yes, but I doubt the guy is you." I said and smirked and pulled on a cigarette.

"Whatever... By the way," he said leaning towards my ear. "You look so hot with a cigarette."

"Are you saying I'm not hot without it?"

"Come on, liefde, just accept a compliment and shut up." he said rolling his eyes and tousled his hair that was sparkling under the club lights.

"Liefde?" I asked confusedly trying to pronounce it correct. What the hell does that mean? And which freaking language was that?

"It's love on Dutch." he explained and smiled.

"Wait, how do you know Dutch?" I frowned in confusion and waited for him to reply.

For a second I thought he was kinda nice but that just slipped away soon after. The boy was a douche and there was no way I was changing my opinion about him. Even if he'd turn out to be the best guy I've ever met.

I'm a really stubborn piece of shit.

"I'm half-Dutch, half-American." he explained. His blue eyes were intensely staring at mine again making me very nervous and uncomfortable. It wasn't because I liked him or something. It was because I was not used to having long talks with guys I didn't know well. I had my own group of people that I was comfortable around and I've never really thought about having more friends than I've already had.

All of my friends were the kids of my parents' friends and I grew up with them. Actually, we had no option when becoming friends because we've known each other since we were in diapers and it was kind of logical to become and stay friends with them.