Chapter 12

Laurence Williams

I didn't bother to close my eyes at night not even try to. Yesterday's event had kept me up all night, but more importantly, was my sister alive and well? Possibly not, but I pray and hope that she was alive. She just shifted, she couldn't possibly know how to fight!

I ignored my ringing phone. It was probably already morning, hence my annoying alarm blaring in my room. I also ignored the knocking on my door.

"Sir, it's me, Matt." He announced himself at the other side of the door. Just on cue, my alarm decided to stop ringing.

Finally.

"Alpha Andrew and Luna Jessica from the Moon Dust pack has arriven half an hour ago. They wish to see you." Matt explained. He really talked like an old timer. Just listening to him made me feel like I'm some kind of prince living in a palace.

Wait.

Luna Jessica?

Jessica. Jessica. Jessica. Jessica.

Who was she again?

Jessie. That's right! Raven's friend! What was she doing here? Did she come here to celebrate Raven's birthday?

I quickly got off the bed, not caring if I was wearing the clothes from yesterday, or even taming my obvious bed hair. Instead, I just ran my hand through it, hoping it would do the job as I opened the door. Matt stood there patienty.

"They are in the guest room."

I nodded at him, rushing downstairs to meet the wanted guess. As I opened the door, I instantly met with Jessica's green eyes. Her eyes were full of excitement, making it harder to tell the tragic truth.

"Laurence! Where is she? Where is she? Hurry up, tell me!" She jumped in front of me like an excited kid. Her mate, Andrew grabbed her by the waist, shushing her. "Calm down, love. We came here so early in the morning, I'm sure Laurence had just woken up." Then his gaze was on me. He gave me a smile as he reached his hand out, "How have you been Laurence? Haven't seen you for a while." Andrew and I weren't really good of a friends. He rarely visit, and I know he'd rather have nothing to do with this pack if it weren't for Jessica.

Gladly taking his hand, I let out a deep sigh, "I wish I could say I've been good." They gave me a questioning look, I continued, "Please sit, I've got a lot of things to tell."

They did as told, and I took the place opposite from them. Jessica couldn't contain herself and asked again, "Where is Raven?"

"I'll just get to the point. Raven is gone, along with her friend, Ann."

"Gone? What do you mean gone? We were supposed to pick them up today. How could they be gone? Laurence, explain!" She demanded, and I just looked at her in utter confusion.

"What do you mean pick her up?"

Andrew cleared his throat, allowing himself to explain the situation to me, "We came here to bring them to Moon Dust."

"What?" I tried to calm myself down, "I've heard nothing about this!"

"There was no need to, anyways. The decisions are for Raven Willams and Ann Cheska to be made."

I growled and looked at Jessica. Her mate putting a protective hand around her.

"You don't scare me, Laurence," She stated, "answer my questiong. Where is Raven?"

I balled my fists, "I don't fucking know!"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? What the fuck happened?" Her voice was getting louder. I could feel anger and worry radiating from her.

"It all happened so fast! She shifted, found her mate and got rejected! I guess she couldn't handle the pain being so near her mate and just. . . ran away."

Jessica just stared at me, eyes wide, and a gasp left her mouth. "You're fucking with me. And you didn't stop her from leaving? Do you know how dangerous it is?"

"No one noticed until they were near the border. The runners couldn't stop them. Two of them even got injured."

She remained silent, eyes looking at me as if she was expecting me to laugh and tell her it was just all a big joke.

I wish it was.

Silence remained between us. Minutes passed before Jessica broke the silence, "That's right!" She exclaimed, rummaging through her purse, "Phone! Have you tried contacting her?"

I shook my head at her, "I did, only to realize she left her phone in her room."

I watched as her eyes fall, letting her hand that was holding her phone fall to her lap. I watched as she let her tears fall. I watched as the Alpha in front of me tried to calm her mate down.

I just watched, because I couldn't say anything. I didn't know what to do. My sister was gone, and I'm sitting here, watching her best friend cry.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Um, hi?

*laughs nervously*

alright, now look at this smiley :) :) you're going to pretend that I hadn't been gone for like a year :) :) (: (: or more?

:) :) :) :) :)

Alright.

Every week (every chapter) I'm going to be featuring a book and give them a shoutout. Comment your book at the comment section. I will read them and decide the chosen one. TA DA. You can only comment 1 book per week. If your book doesn't get chosen, you can always try again :)

(Note that the books commented on the recent chapter will be the only ones considered)

This week shoutout goes to LostSTRings

The book is new, so please be patient with her!