Chapter 5

The day before my before my birthday is noisy. I can hear the plates clattering and everyone rushing as their feet hit the ground with a heavy thump. No it's not a celebration for me, it's because the long awaited guests has arrived. The Blue Moon pack has arrived. The Alpha's son has reached the age of 25, and have been entititled as the new Alpha. It's actually too early to be crowned as Alpha at such age, but the father had caught a deadly disease and currently dying. The Blue Moon have a strong alliance with my pack, so they somehow got the idea to celebrate here. No, of course not because of the dying Alpha.

Ann and I were sent to prepare the room for five people. For the Alpha and his four guards.

"I'll do this, you can sit, Raven," Ann smiled at me, and the more I look at her, the more I feel guilty. Why? Because I bullied her, and turned her life a living hell. After my mother died, I bent my anger towards her. I won't mind if she's laughing at me. I deserve this. I've become of what I made her.

"Why do you say that, Ann? Why are you so kind to me? I was so mean to you."

"Forgiveness, Raven. You lost your mother and I know how it felt. I lost my parents at war too. You were just blinded by sadness. And all the insults you said, I know they aren't true."

She smiles at me and grab my hands, "You deserve none of this. We deserve none of this. We must live on, Raven. Holding grudges are just a waste of time. Instead of thinking of others, think of yourself. What now? What dp you want to do now?"

Tears pooled out my eyes. Instead of hating me, she's helping me.

"I..." I started, "my best friend will come tomorrow and pick me up. Come with me, Ann." I talk in a low voice, just in case someone hear me.

She's hesistating. "Can we really go? What about the Alpha?"

"It's written in the Packs Laws. Every member should be treated equally, and I'm the Alpha's daughter, such treatment is prohibited. Of course, no one really follows the rules, but we can use it to get out of here."

"I can really come?" She smile as cry tears of joy. I nodded as I returned the smile.

My brother will be fine, I know he will be. I'll listen to Jessie, and I know she will be more willing to take Ann. I will let her know later.

"Let's keep this for ourselves and continue our schedules so we won't be too suspicious."

We want back to our jobs. I look around, checking if anyone have been listening to our conversation.

                              * * *

"How old is Ann?" Ralley asked.

"Same age as me," I replied.

There was a long pause before she ask another question, "She have her wolf?"

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"Hmm, just asking, just in case things gor messy."

I frown in confusion, "what do you mean?"

She didn't answer.

I went downstairs to go to the laundry room to get the bedsheets. I lay my head low, thinking about what my wolf had said. Then I bump into someone. Some of the sheets fell, but that's least of my problem.

Electric sparks, butterflies in the stomach, excited wolf and all that clíche shits that happen when you found your mate; yes that, I'm feeling it now.

I looked up, and this guy wearing a blue polo looks at me with wide eyes.

Who is he?

And,

what the fuck?

"He's our mate, Raven! Quit acting oblivious!" Ralley screames with excitement.

"Somehow, I feel nervous." I said to her.

"I felt nervous two days ago, too that I told you to run!" She laughes.

So that was the word that she muttered.

"I thought it was danger."

"Uhm..." I'm completely lost. What am I supposed to say to this stranger who is my mate.

His dark blue eyes stare at me, then he ran his hand through his dark blonde hair. He cleared his throat and scratch the back of his next. I just stood still as I watch him. The next thing I knew he was caressing my cheek.

"What's your name, sweetheart?"

His touch feels good, but I'm so weirded out that I like the touch of this stranger.

"Ra- raven."

"Like the bird?" He chuckled as he asked.

"I- I don't think so. I wouldn't like it if I'm named after a bird."

He smiled, "it's a nice name, sweetheart."

He's calling me sweetheart. He's calling me sweetheart!

"Uhm, and you are?"

His eyes widen. He look shock at my question. Am I suppose to know him?

"Sweetheart, you should pay attention to the news." He chuckle, "I'm Xavier Hendricks, the newly turned Alpha."

Shock. I heard all those rumors and I never know his name! Shame!

My mouth is open wide and I pretty look stupid right now.

"It's ok, sweetheart, I'm not really famous." He smiled at me and I just nodded. "My, you're so quite," he chuckled, yet again.

"Alpha Hendrincks?" My father's voice called, and I suddenly move away from, losing contact from his touch. He look at me in confusion. I just bow my head as my father walks toward us.

"What business do you have with her?" My father asked 'my mate.'

Xavier smiles, "I found my mate, Alpha Williams."

My father's eyes widen. "O- oh I see." He look nervous. Why? Is it because I'm his daughter and isn't treated well? Or because I'm his daughter that I'm an ebarassment to him? He wouldn't even call me his daughter. . .

My father looks at me and forces a smile, "Isn't that wonderful, Raven?" He eye me, as if saying don't fuck this up.

"Y- yes, Alpha."

"You won't mind if I borrow him for a few hours, we are having a meeting right now," my father asked me.

"Yes, of course." The acting of my father never fails to amaze me.

"I'll see you later, sweetheart," Xavier said as he give me a peck on the cheek. Flustered, I remain silent.

I stood glued to my place, analyzing everything that had happened. Then it hit me,

1. I just found my mate.

2. Our escape plan is altered.

3. What now?

***************

Hey, hey, hey! I am well and alive, thank you!

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting!! I ran out of ideas and had no absolute idea what to write. But hey! I'm here now with this new chapter (thank goodness i finally updated).

I'm upgrading Xavier's personality into a new level :) I'll be changing a lot in this book. So... I hope this will turn out a better. :):):):):):):):):):):):):)