Chapter 2

Song doesn't really fit, but, oh well
Song: Therapy by All Time Low

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

I look into my brother's eyes as he smile at me widely. I'll never know why he didn't get our parents' eyes. Unlike me, I got my father's emerald green eyes. But he, he didn't get neither my father's nor my mother's dark brown eyes. Instead, he got those ocean blue eyes. It got me curious, but whenever I asks him, he would just shrug it off.

"Raven are you listening? Are you in pain?" he asked out of concern.

He sit by the edge of my bed, while I sit at the side, leaning against the wall. Putting a pillow on my lap, I shake my head to his questions, "No, I'm alright." I gave him a smile, showing the brace that I newly got. I never have the perfect teeth, basically brushing my teeth when I was a kid wasn't my favorite activity.

"When did you got those?" He asked, and I know he means my braces. And I know this conversation is about to turn into an argument.

"During the weekend, when father's gone."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "With whose money?"

"Um, mine?"

And then his beast is out.

"Raven are you working again? You could've just come to me and I would pay! You have more than enough to do here. Raven, please be patient, when I've become an Alpha, I'll make sure no one touches you, not even that bastard!"

"Laurence, are you serious? How can I become independent when I always rely on you? Besides, it's the money from my old work. I got fired a month ago." I throw the pillow at him and he easily caught it. I ignored the fact that he just called our father a bastard. Even though he is, because no matter what, he is still my father.

"Raven, I-"

I took another pillow and throw again at him. That shut him up. "Rence, can we just stop? Please?" He sighs as he run his hand through his blonde hair. Another mysterious thing. Both of my parents and I have a dark brown hair. But then again, maybe he got it from grandma, she have blonde hair too.

"I'll let this go. But next time you will come to me."

I rolled my eyes and sighs, "Okay, okay."

"OK, as I was saying before, which you didn't listened, And- you're doing it again!"

"I'm listening, dork!

"I hope you know it's real meaning." He smirked.

I kick his leg and give him a smirk of my own, "I do."

He sticked his tongue out. "Mature," I jeer as I rolled my eyes. "Right, you were saying, dork?"

He rolls his eyes, which doesn't suits him. Just imagine a man rolling his eyes. "In three days you will turn 20, and I just hope you will shift, Raven. If you do, then that would be a really big help."

Yes, a big help. I was supposed to shift at 15, but four years later, not even a voice in my head is heard. I'm a late shifter, at least that's what I like to believe. I'm afraid I will never shift. Afraid that I'm just a human who doesn't belong in a world full of werewolves. Afraid that my father hates me now because I'm not even his daughter to begin with...

"I plan to take you out the day after your birthday, just in case you shift." He continued.

"Rence, you know I'm busy just as you. And I don't think father would let me out." In truth, I really want to go out and spend time with my brother. I really want to have a break. I'm at age, maybe I could leave the pack house and have one of my own. A cheap apartment to start with first. But I know that isn't something I want. Because whenever I caught a glimpse of my father's eyes, I know the real him is still there. And maybe, just maybe, he would come back. Come back to the father I know.

"I'll make it happen, Raven, just trust in me." He's always confident, as if his calculations are always right.

The door was suddenly opened widely, revealing the dark look of my father's face. I quickly got on my feet, and so does Laurence. He push me back behind him, as if he could protect me. He does, he always does. My father would listen to Laurence, but that wouldn't always work. Because my father is still the Alpha, Laurence have no power over him.

"Laurence I have been looking for you," my father growled, "stop blocking your mind and stop going here. I'm grooming you to be a great Alpha!"

"Dad, if anything, I wouldn't want to be groomed by you! Because it's never my plan to abuse, especially my own child!"

My father's eyes flared, "Laurence, my patient is wearing thin." He growled as warning.

I place a hand on my brother's shoulder, gaining his attention. I shook my head, begging him to stop. It would be really bad if our father starts hating on Laurence too.

"Listen here, girl," my father called, indicating to me. My heart throbbed in pain. He never calls me by my name. He always looks at me as if I was some random stranger. As if we didn't used to be a happy family. "A neighboring pack would come and visit tomorrow. I want you to prepare rooms for them. And for goodness sake, clean the house without breaking anything!"

My father left, slamming the door behind him.

Laurence look at me with an apologetic look. It's not his fault, he couldn't do anything. He shouldn't do anything. I'll stay here and endure all the pain until I reach my limit. I'm crazy, I must be. Because any normal person wouldn't put up with this shits.

"Raven, I could hire someone,"

"No, Rence, that would just make things worse. Please, just... This is our lives now." I look to the ground, fighting the urge to cry. I look back at him, giving him a small smile, "but I would still be waiting for your promise."

I walked towards the door, leaving my room, following as my father instructed. Maybe I could go through the day without angering my father. But then again, he's always angry at me.

■■■■■■■■■■■■

Comment your book to get a chance of getting a shout out next chapter :)
(this contest/event? thingy? has only recently started -ch.12-)

(Note that the books commented on the recent chapter will be the only ones considered)

The only rules are:

-You can only recommend one book at a time (per chapter/week).
-You can only comment until Thursday. (comments made in Friday will not count)
I will read the books and decide which one will be featured. If your book doesn't get chosen, don't worry, you could always try again :)

Also, I'm not trying to be anything big, I merely want to help writers that are new or starting a new book :)