Chapter 4

Dedicated to  @blueforever001

As promised, I'd let you know. ^^ Thank you for your kind messages.

I whimper and cry as I shut my eyes tight. My brother carried me in his arms as he run hurriedly. The night's air greet me and I open my eyes slightly to find ourselves in the backyard. I'd rather shift in a secluded place. The area is surrounded by trees, but I can't help feeling a hundred pair of eyes stare at me. It must be just my imagination, but I decided not to focus my attention to it.

"Raven! Raven!" My brother called. He slap my face gently once he laid me down on the green grass. Their pointy top stab through my clothes, making me want to stand and go back to my room. But the pain prevents me from doing so.

"Raven, stay awake!"

"I'm awake!" I groaned through my gritted teeth.

"Don't worry, it's going to last just a second."

Just a second.

As if my brother had cast a spell, the pain vanish. To say I feel different would be true. My senses are keener. I can see through the dark night without a problem. I can pinpoint my brother without using my eyes.

Something inside me ignited, but it was gone as soon as it came. I turned to my brother, to see him looking at me intently.

"What is it?" I tried to ask, but all that came out was a bark. He laugh at me and shook his head, "You look just like dad's."

I wish I could receive a compliment from my father, but I know he will not be pleased once he learned my wolf is alike from him.

Alphas have a unique fur than the others, and being the child of an Alpha, it seems like I inherit this quality from him. With a dark blue and red stripes fur, my father is easily spotted in wars. The red stripes on his fur would always glisten, whether its from the sunlight or the moonlight.

I bark at my brother again, indicating that I want to shift back. He didn't seem to understand for he tilted his head to the side. I walk near him and bark again, but all he did is run his hand through my fur. The future Alpha.

"It's really soft, your fur." He stated as he scratch the back of my ear.

I raise my head and look at him to the eyes, "Laurence," I said in my mind. He smiled widely ,"I can hear you. Good job, Raven."

I rolled my eyes and bark again, "How do I shift back?"

"Just command yourself. You have the free will to your shifting. Think of becoming a human again."

I close my eyes and do as he told.

"Wait!" He called out. I open my eyes and look at him. "Just wait!" He started running inside the house, "wait and don't shift! Stay!"

What am I, a dog? I guess I am. Pretty much.

He came back running with a humongous shirt he bought for me, which I never wore. Laurence probably think of me as a big lady. On the other hand he has a dark red jacket, which he had also bought for me. He place the clothes in front of me and I want to yell at him for putting clothes on the dirty ground.

He turned his back to me, "Your clothes will be ripped whenever you shift. Tell me when you're done."

I close my eyes, telling myself to change back, and before I knew it, I'm back to my two feet. I quickly put the clothes on, zipping the jacket as I shivered in cold.

"I'm done Laurence."

He turn around and smile at me, "How are you feeling."

I stretch as I yawn, "Tired I guess."

"Let's go back in so you can dress properly."

Once we were back inside, we bid our good nights and head at our own room. Getting in my pajamas, I jumped to my bed, ready to close my eyes when a voice interrupted me.

"You could have said hi." A voice said in my head.

My eyes widen. "What?" I ask out loud.

"Tsk, tsk. It's who, not what."

I must be going crazy if I'm hearing voices in my head.

"Well duh, you're a wolf." A voice said.

"Who are you?" I ask as I try not to panic.

"Thanks for asking, I'm Ralley, your wolf."

I gasp, "My what?"

"I am rolling my eyes."

"Sass. Good night, we'll talk tomorrow."

I let my eyes close, not paying to the last word that she mumbled.

"Run."