Dearest Laurens (Lams)

Alexander woke up to the sounds of birds chirping and to the soft sound of John snoring. He looked at him and smiled. He kissed his forehead and got up. He took a deep breath. 'Today's the day.' He thought, it was they day he was going to propose to John.

Alexander got dressed and ran down the stairs and started making breakfast. He made buttermilk pancakes with strawberries on the top and some bacon on the side. He poured a glass of orange juice and put it all on a tray and headed up to John.

John slowly started to wake up to the scent of bacon. He tried reaching for Alexander and quickly realized he wasn't there. He stretched and yawned and sat up. He looked at Alexander as he walked through the door.

"Good morning!" Alexander said cheerfully.

John looked over at the time. "Isn't it a bit to early for you to be up?"

"Eh." Alexander shrugged. "I made you breakfast."

John smiled. "I see that...is it some special occasion...?"

Alexander shook his head. "Nope, I just wanted to be nice." He smiled and set the tray on Johns lap. He sat on the bed beside him.

"Did you eat already?"

"No, my food is down stairs."

"Well go get it and come eat with me!" He chuckled.

"Okay okay." Alexander snorted and got up to go get his food.

John looked down at his food he smiled. "I wonder what Alex is planning..." he said to himself. He top his fork and started eating the strawberries.

Alexander came back up with his food about ten minutes later, smiling. He sat down beside John and started eating. John looked at him and smiled. "Alex." He said after he finished one pancake.

Alexander looked at him. "Hm?"

"Tell me the truth, what is today? I mean it must be something special, let's see its not your birthday.....or mine..."

"Well, I guess you'll just have to see." Alexander smiled.

"Fine..." John went back to eating.

Once they were both finished John got dressed. He walked down the stairs only to see Alexander standing there with his hands behind his back. "Alexander, what do you have behind your back...?"

Alexander looked at him, he had butterflies in his stomach and his heart was beating out of his chest. He took a deep breath. "C'mere." He said with a nervous smile.

John walked over to him a bit in confusion. "What...?"

"Okay, uhm, here goes nothing I guess..." he got down on his knee. He pulled the box out and opened it "Dearest Laurens...would you be willing to make me your future husband, make me happy every day for the rest of our days. 'Cause if there was one thing on this earth that would make me even more happy it would be waking up to your beautiful freckled face and curly brown hair. John Laurens will you marry me?"

The second Alexander bent down he knew. He knew what was happening and he was overwhelmed with joy, he covered his mouth and nodded. Tears of joy streaming down his face. He held out his hand and Alexander put the ring on it and stood up. John hugged him and kissed him. Alexander kissed him back and smiled.