Chapter 21

*Scarletts POV*

My head was pounding, my stomach was aching and my muscles felt weak. I couldn't really tell but I had just woken and I think it was morning. My phone had been thrown away by mystery guy whom I still had no idea of so contact to anyone was nill. I was aimlessly thrown into the back of a black van before getting picked up and thrown into this old shack I was now in.

It was pitch black inside though there was a few small cracks in the old wood, causing small light streaks to come through. I felt like absolute crap. My hair was in every direction possible, I could feel makeup all down my face and my clothes were damp.

So here I was laying on a small thin mattress, if you could even call it that. I had nothing else to really do, except wait. Wait for something to happen. Wait for somebody to come save me.

*Lukes POV*

"Luke, calm down!" Ashton yelled into my ear, causing my head to throb even more.

It was 6:30am the next morning and we had still made no progress nor had any sleep. Everyone else had gone home seeing they needed rest yet here Ashton and I were in the local police station, waiting anxiously for atleast something to happen, anything.

"I cant Ashton! Fuck!" I pushed the chair from under my feet back in anger, causing a loud noise to erupt throughout the office.

"Luke" Ashton stood up next to me, placing his arms on my shoulders. "Its going to be okay"

"You don't know that!" I retorted, my fists clenching up.

I saw Ashton shake his head, knowing I was right.

"Ashton Irwin, Luke Hemmings" The sound of our names caused us to turn immediately.

"Right this way please" A petite lady instructed.

Ashton and I stood together, making our way to her who then led us to a police officer who sat there on his own personal desk, typing away on his computer.

"Please, uh, take a seat" His bogan accent filled my ears. "Im Chace. I believe you are Luke and Ashton, correct?"

"Correct" Ashton answered for me, knowing it was best I kept my mouth shut.

"Ok so, we have not been able to find any very recent tracking of your friend, Scarlett Conway. Though the last place her phone was signalled from was a motorbike track about 20 minutes or so from here. We have people down there checking it out right now for you"

Some sort of relief rushed through me even though I knew it probably meant nothing.

"When will we know anything?" I asked immediately.

"In the next 10 minutes. You are free to go make yourself some coffee in the mean time, you look awfully tired, you both do infact" He quietly chuckled as he began to type away on his keyboard again.

"Cmon Ash" I gestured for him to follow me to the coffee machine as I made myself a warm, strong coffee.

10 minutes had passed and yet, nothing had happened.

"Hello?" I saw Ashton answer his phone beside me.

"Uh, no" He shook his head, looking at the ground.

"I will. Thankyou but I need to go" Ashton hung up immediatly just as the office phone started to buzz. Finally.

"Yes" Chance nodded in to the phone.

"We are on our way now"

"Thankyou" He hung up the phone and looked at the both of us, locking an intense stare.