Chapter 17

*Lukes POV*

We had been in the car for atleast an hour when we were heading to where I was taking Scarlett for our first date. I was sort of excited though at the same time, I was nervous. As I drove, I looked in all directions around me, making sure I wouldnt stuff up anything, like driving the wrong way or something. I scattered my eyes over to look at Scarlett who was silently watching out the window.

I really admired how she looked tonight.

Beautiful as always.

"You look so gorgeous tonight" I smiled, making eye contact with her.

"Dont look so bad yourself" She winked, her cheeks firing up to a soft pink.

"Pretty cute when you blush" I laughed.

"Shut up" She defended herself, hitting me on the arm.

I let out a small giggle.

Our conversation on the way wasnt at all exclusive. It was maybe small talk like you would have with your parents on the way to school or something. But I think the best thing about being around Scarlett was if it was silent, it wasnt awkward. It was just silent. A silent, enjoying eachothers company sort of thing.

I had known Scarlett for just over a month now and as everyday went on, my feelings for Scarlett were growing.

I shook everything out of my head, realising we had arrived.

"Were here" I introduced as we pulled up to the building.

"Uhhh, Luke, why are we here?" I could tell in Scarletts tone, she was cautious.

Ahead of us was quite a large building which was based in the outer city. The building was near dead and was barely used. My uncle owned it.

"Youll see" I smiled. Making my way over to the other side of the car to her door, grabbing her hand and leading her out and towards the building.

*Scarletts POV*

I really admired the fact that Luke had drove an hour out of town, just for a date. Luke made his way to the side of my door to retrieve me. Grabbing my hand and leading me out of the car and into the building. As we walked along, hand in hand, I couldnt ignore the throbbing in my head or the ache in my stomach. 'Its just nothing. Dont ruin your night' I told myself over and over. There was apart of me telling me to leave it and not to not ruin anything and not to let Luke worry but then the other part was telling me to tell Luke.

Together, we made our way into a elevator and Luke pushed level *32 (Rooftop)*. I looked at him and smirked, only having so many ideas to what this could be.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Luke checking his hair in the reflective walls and fixing his shirt over and over. Maybe he was nervous.

"So, you gonna tell me why were here yet?" I asked.

"Nope" Luke said, popping the p.

As if on cue, the ding went off and the elevator doors opened to show a landscape of the city.

"Wait!" Luke ran infront of me to bring a black cloth out of his back pocket of his jeans.

"Your not planning to kill me, are you?" I asked laughing, adding another suggestion to what we could be doing up here.

"Yeah totally" Luke replied sarcastically, placing the black cloth over my eyes and tying it at the back.

Luke made his way behind me and placed his hands on my hips, guiding me every now and again. It had been about a minute once we stopped and I felt him make his way infront of me. His body was closely pushed up on mine.

"Suprise Scar" Luke whispered as he took the cloth off of my eyes to reveal what he had planned.

The view was beautiful, the lights all around the city were lit up in all different colours. The sky was clear, the stars were shining and the moon was as bright as ever. There was a medium sized blanket layed across the concrete pavement with numerous baskets on it. The candles lit around the edges made it even more romantic. There was a lamp a few metres away, just to make the lighting perfect.

"Luke-I"

"Shhh" He cut me off, placing his index finger to my lips. "You dont have to say anything" He smiled, taking my hand to guide me to the blanket.

Luke sat down first and almost straight after, I sat down right next to him.

He grabbed the baskets and gave me one and himself one to.

I opened the basket to grab what I saw first which was a punnet of strawberries along with a bowl of melted chocolate.

"Hey! Thats for dessert!" Luke exclaimed, grabbing it from my hands and taking it for me.

"I know what I can give you for dessert" I winked, laughing a little.

"Oh" Luke raised his eyebrows, giggling away.

As Luke went through the basket he was grabbing out our dinner and I couldn't help but smile at the amount of effort he had put in just for me.

"I hope chicken wraps for dinner is okay?" Luke said, making it sound like a question.

"Perfect. Everythings perfect Luke" I replied, leaning over to kiss Luke on the cheek.

"Good" He blushed.

-

It had been a few hours by now and it was heading towards midnight. We had had dinner and dessert and it been silent for about 5 minutes now. We were lying on the rooftop still, watching the stars in the sky and the moon shine out into the city. I was laying on Luke's chest as he played with my hair and rubbed my arm every now and again. The candles were starting to fade out and the wind was starting to get colder.

"Cold?" Luke laughed, obviously noticing I was shivering.

"Yeah" I replied, feeling Lukes jacket drape over me in just seconds.

"You dont have to do that!"

"Shh. Cmon, lets go" Luke got up, putting his hand out for me to take it.

"Arent you going to clean that up?" I asked, as we got up.

"I got that covered" Luke smiled. "Cmon, come here!" Luke took my hand and took me over to the ledge of the balcony. Again, we stood there in silence for another few minutes, just enjoying eachothers company and the view in silence.

"This is amazing. Your amazing. Thankyou Luke, for everything" I broke the silence and turned to him to see him smirking, once again.

"So, I didn't stuff up anything?" Luke asked cautiously, meeting eye contact with me.

"Not at all. It was the first perfect date" I smiled.

"Well, im glad you enjoyed it" Luke said, grabbing my hands to bring me closer to him.

"I did, very much" I said truthfully, and I was being truthful. Out of any and every date I had have ever been on, that night was defiantly the best. I felt so special and for once, I felt wanted.

"You have no idea how much it means to me Luke, noone has ever done something like this for me before. Ever" I looked back up to his eyes to see his gaze was already locked on me. His eyes were beautiful, such a beautiful, glorius, pretty, sky blue. I could get lost in them forever.

"Your worth it" was all Luke had to reply with until I knew it was the right moment and the right time.

I grabbed his neck and pulled him right towards me and right then and there, I kissed him.

And we shared our first meaningful kiss. It was never like any of our other kisses, this one was real.

-------

Hey ya'll

I didnt read over this so sorry about any mistakes or whatever.

If you guys want more chapters, could you please comment or vote so I know if I should keep writing or not :)

Anyways, I dont really like this chapter but in my head what i was picturing, it was cute so i posted it anyways haha love you guys