Chapter 4

It was only a short walk to Lukes house from school so in a matter of minutes, we were walking up the path to his doorstep.

I decided to text my mum to let her know id "walk home from school".

To Mum: hey, the tutorials going to be running late! Ill just walk home x

"Wow, your such a rebel" Luke laughed.

"Shut up smart ass. Not my fault I got thrown into a lake is it?" I said, walking into his fairly large house.

"Who would do that to such a lovely lady like you?" Luke retorted, hiding the smirk on his face.

I laughed, using Lukes directions to get to his unsuite.

I walked up the long staircase and into his extremly messy room.

Boys these days.

I picked up a pair of grey trackies and blue hoodie off the floor before making my way to the shower.

The feeling of having such warm water on cool skin made me happy. There was nothing I loved more than showers. I got out after only 5 minutes seeing I still didnt really know Luke and here I was in his shower.

But we did have a connection,

not in a relationship way.

A Friendly way.

We got along well so far which was a good thing since I needed another good friend over here.

I dressed into his clothes and walked into his room to find him getting dressed, shirtless may I add.

I couldnt help but admire his beautiful toned body.

Stop Scarlett.

Not my fault his that attractive.

Ok, snap out of it.

"Like what you see?" My head snapped up to see Luke watching me. Shit.

"No" I replied, trying my hardest not to laugh.

"Oh really? so your basically asking for me to throw you in that lake again missy" Luke laughed, clicking his fingers.

"Whatever, im going home" I said dismisivly.

"In my clothes? But your mum..."

"SHIT!" I yelled frustradetly.

"No worries, give me your clothes and ill put them in the dryer. Itll only take 15 minutes, we can just go watch tv"

I just nodded, passing my clothes to him.

I made my way downstairs and into his kitchen, raging through the cupboards trying to find something to eat.

"Or just take all my food?" Luke appeared beside me.

"Pretty much" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Here, have this" He said, passing me a bag of chips.

"And, this!" he continued, grabbing a can of V out of the fridge and tossing it to me.

"Thanks" I smiled, going into the loungeroom.

I flicked through all the channels, settling on watching spongebob.

"YES, SPONGEBOB!" Luke screamed in exictment once he entered the room, jumping on to the couch beside me.

Just I was about to reply my phone started to ring, the caller I.D reading "Mum"

"Hello?"

"Excuse me, how dare you leave detention, how dare you not tell me you even have detention!"

"Mum, I can explain"

"Explain what? How you lied to me about having detention!" She yelled through the phone.

I felt Luke tense up beside me.

"Exactly!" She yelled again, once I didnt reply.

"Mum, I-" I tried to start before she cut me off.

"Scarlett Annalise Conway! I will be meeting you at school in five minutes to discuss this!" She yelled before she disconected the call.

I couldn't even think to say anything to Luke before I got up and began to run through every room in the house trying to find the dryer.

I stripped down and changed into my damp clothes as quickly as I could, running out of the room and down the stairs, not even having time to say bye to Luke.

I pumped my legs up and down Paramatta as fast as I could before checking the time, seeing I had two minutes left to reach the school.

"What are you doing running the streets near school Scar?! How about you explain this one to?"

I turned to see my mother in her car.

I froze.