Dragio [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 14

~Chapter 14~

“Dragio?! Where the hell did you run off to yesterday?!” Kiba yelled as I got to where him and Hinata were waiting. Shino came up behind me and I nodded to him as I leaned against a tree at the beginning of the forest we were at.

“I had to go save someone’s ass. Didn’t practically want to but it causes problems in the future. No telling if things are going to screw up because of it though.” I muttered the last part to myself and looked over at Kurenai as she came up. She raised an eyebrow at me, probably hearing my explanation so she paid no mind and told us the details of our latest mission. This was going to be just grand.

“I’m gonna kill Sasu-gay one of these days….” I muttered and Cheisu let out a bark. I nodded, looking down at the list of D-Ranks that I had gotten. Apparently, me saving the Cockatoo didn’t matter seeing as he somehow ended up meeting with Itachi and got his ass kicked. That stupid duck-butt….

“I wonder when Naruto’s coming back.” I said off-handily, making Cheisu bark again in agreement as we headed for the first of our D-rank missions.

“Dragio!” I looked up, raising an eyebrow as Shikamaru and his dad, Shikaku, walked up to me.

“Yeah?”

“Have you been promoted to Chunin too?” Shikamaru questioned and I scowled.

“I haven’t gotten word on anything….” I cut off the rest of my response as a sound of a bird chirping was heard overhead. All three of us looked up as I put my arm out and a messenger bird landed on it. I took the note out of the pouch on its back and it flew away. I opened the note, skimming over the writing before gaining a sweat-drop and looking at the Nara father and son duo.

“Well….according to this, I have.” I told them and Shikaku smiled while Shikamaru smirked.

“At least I’m not the only one.” I nodded at his comment and started walking with them after being told that’s where they were heading.

As we headed towards the Ninja Registry room, Shikamaru interrupted what was silence.

“Hey! Isn’t that Naruto….?” I looked ahead of us, smirking at the sight of Pervy Sage, Tsunade, Naruto and Shizune.

“What’re you doin’ here, Naruto?” Shikamaru questioned as both ours and their group came to a stop.

“Me? What are you doin’ here? And with Dragio? Um, all that’s down there is the ninja registry room, right?” Naruto questioned, glancing towards me.

“Actually, things got a little complicated.” Shikamaru said, smirking.

“What d’you mean?” Naruto asked with a question mark above his head.

“I-it’s been a long time. Tsunade. Jiraiya.” Shikaku stepped forward, his head bowed.

“Hey! You’re Nara, all grown up?! And….is that your kid?! Who’s the girl? She doesn’t look like you.” Tsunade then asked, glancing at me.

“Arashi Tori, though I prefer Dragio.” I stated. She nodded, moving on since she didn’t know about everything that’s happened and probably didn’t know about my clan. She then turned her attention to Shikaku again.

“You takin’ care of the deer? Te horns of the deer around there make for good medicine.”

“Yes, Milady.” Shikaku answered.

“Naruto, who’s this bossy little girl?” Shikamaru whispered to Naruto.

“Tsunade is the new Hokage! She’s not a girl! She’s in her fifties!” Naruto whispered back, much to Shikamaru’s shock.