Dragio [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 5

~Chapter 5~

Today was the day of graduation. Yesterday I had studied up on animal jutsu’s and the Hokage let me borrow another scroll.

But, now I was in the exam room with ten solid copies of me and also ten copies of Cheisu. The silver haired guy, Mizuki-sensei, was staring at me curiously. But I saw that glint of evil in the depths of his eyes.

“If you can make five doppelgangers, you pass the test.” Mizuki started and before he finished I had five flame doppelgangers of both me and Cheisu. Then I made them disappear and walked up, taking a headband and watched as Cheisu ran up to bite Mizuki’s….’private area’. Well that was nice.

“….Cheisu. Off. Thank you, sensei’s. Bye!” I did a quick bow and waved as Cheisu jumped onto my shoulder then went into the hood of my shirt.

“Good boy.” I murmured when we were out of ear shot and he barked.

“What’d he do?” Kiba questioned as I passed by him and his usual group. You know, Shikamaru and Choji. I think Naruto was taking his test. I looked them over. Shikamaru had his headband on his arm and Choji was wearing a hat….underwear looking thing on his head that held his.

Kiba had his around his head as well but like a normal headband. Mine still was gripped in my hand, not sure where I was gonna put it. I looked down at Cheisu, chuckling when I saw he had a headband of his own in his mouth.

“Cheisu bit Mizuki-sensei in his no-no’s.” I laughed at their expressions of pain and tied my headband around my neck. Then I bent down, sitting on my knees to tie Cheisu’s around his neck as well.

“So….he’s a animal-nin?” Kiba asked, pointing to Cheisu and I shrugged.

“I guess. He likes attacking people.” I lifted Cheisu up to sit in my hood and stood up, nodding to them.

“See ya guys later.” I waved over my shoulder, walking past but paused when Choji called my name.

“Wait, Dragio-kun! Do you want to go to the BBQ restaurant with us?” He asked around a mouthful of chips.

“Hm….sure.” I shrugged, waiting for them to catch up then walked out of the Academy, heading towards the smell of beef.

“Gah….everything smells so good!” I whined, sniffing the air as my stomach rumbled.

“Hungry?” Kiba chuckled.

“Starved! I didn’t eat all day because I forgot to go shopping for food yesterday! And I ate my last instant ramen last night.” I pouted then licked my lips as the waitress brought us our food and starting eating as fast as Choji.

“Wow.” Shikamaru muttered, watching the both of us curiously.

“Ah….delicious.” I murmured, handing a beef rib to Cheisu who chomped the bone in half without hesitation.

“That pups got some strong jaws.” Choji muttered and I nodded then paused, sniffing the air. A second later two Jonin came in and I eyed them, watching as they spotted us and headed over to our table.

“Have any of you seen Uzumaki Naruto?!” They questioned anxiously, looking panicked.

We all shook our heads and they headed off, still searching.

“What was that about?” Kiba muttered and I blinked, taking a sip of my drink.

“Uh….Naruto probably did something stupid again.” They all nodded, buying it and we finished up the food. Well, mostly Choji and I did.

“You know, I never saw anyone eat as much as Choji.” Kiba stated as he walked me home again.

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” I laughed, ruffling his hair after I flicked off his hood again like last night.

“Would you stop doing that?” He grumbled, pulling his hood up and I scowled, flicking it down again to ruffle his hair. He swatted at my hands, scowling.

“Why do you keep doing that?!”

“I always do that to people. Plus it annoys you.” I smiled at him then turned to head up the steps, shooting a quick glanced over my shoulder to see his hands on his head with a pout on his face.

“See ya, Kiba.”

“Bye….” I heard him sigh and headed up to my apartment to get a quick shower then head to bed. Tomorrow I was going to be assigned to my new team. This was going to be good.

I sat next to Kiba as Iruka-sensei rattled off the names, still laughing under my breath about Sasuke and Naruto kissing. Anyway, I just hope I’m not on Team 7. Come on….not Team 7, not Team 7….

“Team 7. Haruno Sakura, Uzumaki Naruto-” Naruto cheered and Sakura groaned, “-and Sasuke Uchiha.”

Now Naruto groaned and Sakura cheered. I silently cheered with her. Now I won’t have to follow the storyline. But wait….which team will I be in?? I thought as Naruto started complaining.

“Team 8. Hyuga Hinata, Abarame Shino, Inuzuka Kiba and Dragio.”

I blinked. Shy-girl, bug-boy and doggy? They were my team? I glanced over to Kiba who was staring at me. I raised an eyebrow and he blinked.

“Well this’ll be fun.” He stated. I snorted.

We waited in an empty classroom, Kiba running around with Akamaru, Shino sitting and staring at him and Hinata sat next to Shino, glancing between Kiba and me.

I, personally, was up at the top row lying on top of the desks on my back while Cheisu sat on my stomach, yawning and watching Kiba and Akamaru. I frowned, hearing footsteps and as the door opened everyone froze, their gazes snapping to the women that stood in the doorway.

Yuhi Kurenai.

She had brown hair and red eyes with circles in them. Her dress looked like it was made out of scroll paper and she had fish net underneath.

“….I get a team of four?” She questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“Pretty much.” I mused, going back to staring at the ceiling.

“In that case….I’m Yuhi Kurenai, you’re new sensei.” She dipped her head and Akamaru let out a bark.

“I’m Inuzuka Kiba and this is Akamaru. Over there’s Hyuga Hinata and Abarame Shino. Then Dragio and Cheisu.” Kiba stated.

“Dragio? What kinda name is that?” Kurenai questioned and I scowled.

“What’s with you people?” I sighed, lifting myself by my elbow and resting my cheek in my palm as I looked down at her, “Dragio is just a nick name I go by. I refuse to tell people my real name. But yeah, this is my animal-nin, Cheisu.” Cheisu let out a bark and Kurenai nodded.

“Alright!” She clapped her hands, “Let’s go to know each other, shall we?!”

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note

I fail o.o Bleh!